After market Pipe

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXforlife

After market Pipe

Post by KDXforlife »

I ride only trails and was looking to get a new pipe what is the best pipe i can get for my 2001 KDX220R. I ride in colorado all over the place but only on trails. I wont to go faster.
rollerman

Post by rollerman »

i have the fmf torque pipe for the trails in n.h.
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son
BlackStormy
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by BlackStormy »

>|<>QBB<
rollerman wrote:i have the fmf torque pipe for the trails in n.h.
Same for trails in Michigan.
thebleakness

Re: After market Pipe

Post by thebleakness »

>|<>QBB<
KDXforlife wrote:I ride only trails and was looking to get a new pipe what is the best pipe i can get for my 2001 KDX220R. I ride in colorado all over the place but only on trails. I wont to go faster.
You wont go faster or you want to go faster? Depends on what you need to do. If your doing more technical tight low speed stuff you might want the torque pipe, if your like me who does alot of desert riding with the occasional really technical stuff mixed the advantages of the rev pipe are greater than those of the torque. I went with the FMF Gnarly Rev and the very little I've ridden with it was definatly worth the money IMO.
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Hey, fellow Coloradoan! I have a 2000 220, and yes, if it's the typical Rampart Range/Taylor Park-type trail you ride, the Torque(Woods) pipe is the way to go. You'll never get to the top of the 'band on trails. IMHO, also invest in the Vforce 3 reed cage. It really trims out the overall performance and offers the quick 'snap' you want to get over logs and such. Of course, dial in your jetting and you'll never be disappointed. Drop me a PM for any other specs you might need. With the addition of the -35 pipe, TurbineCoreQ silencer and the VForce, I am very happy with riding the tight stuff out here. YVMV.

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm