yz125 usd forks on kdx

Got questions? We got answers....
motofox2006

yz125 usd forks on kdx

Post by motofox2006 »

I was looking around yesterday and came across a set of 2002 USD yz125 forks with the triple tree, brake caliper and front wheel for a decent price. Could I mount these on my 1991 KDX 200 E series with much effort.

Would they be much of an improvement over stock, would they still give as much steering response and could I use the stock Kdx wheel or would I need the yz125 wheel to go with it. If anyone has attempted this I would love to hear from you, or if anyone knows how to do it thanks.
E series 91 KDX
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

^ The best way to be sure if these forks will fit is to go make some measurements - from your posting it sounds like these are something local and that may work out.

I have a set of USDs from a '98 YZ125 that I'm in the process of fitting to my '03 220 and things seem to fit nicely at this point.

Are those forks local and can you make some measurements?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

Yes they are local I think the auction closes in around 4 days, do you know the the measurements I should be taking. Thanks for the info.
E series 91 KDX