Woah, just put on my gnarly tonight

Got questions? We got answers....
thebleakness

Woah, just put on my gnarly tonight

Post by thebleakness »

And what a difference it makes!! Installation took alittle while because it didnt quite fit up correctly, it's better now but still not perfect... I took it out for a spin tonight around the area and its amazing. It revs so much faster and wheelies are even easier. The couple times I really hit the powerband was insane, it's a much more noticeable hit and the acceleration is beautiful. My jetting is not correct though because I can feel a slight hesitation at about 1/4 throttle, something I'm going to look into tomorrow when I go out riding some real trails with a buddy.

A question though, My kickstarter hits the pipe when it fold back, is this normal or due to improper fit-up? I'm going to build one of KDXer's fiberglass guards when I've got time but how easy is it too dent this pipe? It seem that alot of the pipe is exposed, especially the largest diameter.

I'm really looking forward to this ride tomorrow. Then comes the real test.

:supz: :cool:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Sweet dude. I should have my woods pipe in the mail by wed. Can't wait to try it!!!
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I've got the same pipe, but mines a 250. It also acts the same at 1/4 throttle, but it too needs rejetted. Its wild at full throttle! :blink: I don't know about the kicker. I'm assuming you cant move the kicker on the shaft any to accommodate for this? I think mine hits the pipe a little, but doesn't hurt anything.
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Well I woke up this morning to snow showers. :evil: :evil: I dressed warm and left the house. The pull is so much nicer now and accelerates wonderfully. Within about 1/4 on some ST I got armpump (happens to me when it's cold) and I just couldn't push myself any farther. When I got up higher in elevation I started hitting patches of snow about 6"-1' deep. I decided to turn back because 1. I couldnt see far ahead (snow and fog was building up on my goggles) and 2. the snow was too much to ride in 3. I was cold! :roll: :razz:

I'm really looking forward to dropping down below 7k elevation and seeing how this thing rips. I'm extremely pleased with this pipe, well worth the money IMO. :supz:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Yes, it will smack the pipe
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr