Front and rear KDX brakeline length

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Does anyone have the opportunity to measure their H model brake lines for me please ?? I have lost my garage keys and can't get to my bike until sunrise to attack the locks with a grinder. :twisted:

Any help would be most appreciated. You could just grab a piece of rope and run it along the line and then measure that. If not, no biggie I'll get in there tomorrow somehow.

:partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

For future search purposes on brake line length.

Front = 1550mm
Rear = 600mm

Measured from banjo to banjo.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Make sure you get the correct banjo's for the ends with the correct angle bend to the connection as well. I modded mine to have 20degree bend at the front master cylinder end so that it angles just slightly away from my bars. I did that because if you like your lever angled down and short bars, a straight shafted banjo can hit the bars or break on a crash when the lever assembly gets rotated into the bars.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
KDXer wrote:For future search purposes on brake line length.

Front = 1550mm
Rear = 600mm

Measured from banjo to banjo.
Hey Trev, does that guy selling brake lines on ebay have a direct bolt on KDX kit now? Or is the KX set fit close enough?
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Not entirely sure to be honest. He may now I have given him the KDX lengths. I'd throw them a quick email to Nik Walker at info@pyramid-parts.com

I asked if they would work on a KDX and this was his reply;

if you let us know the length you need we will sort you out with that.

Kind regards,

Nik

AND

Yes we can sort you out with this no problem, if you just mention in your
paypal/payment that you need the K3 Kit (or mention your lengths) we will put the correct kit in.

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Make sure you get the correct banjo's for the ends with the correct angle bend to the connection as well. I modded mine to have 20degree bend at the front master cylinder end so that it angles just slightly away from my bars. I did that because if you like your lever angled down and short bars, a straight shafted banjo can hit the bars or break on a crash when the lever assembly gets rotated into the bars.
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate your guidance. Just curious how you bent yours as I think he has shipped them already ?? I'll send off an email and see if its not too late.

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

These guys are the frikken best. :supz: They already shipped the longer KX front line but that doesn't matter as you can see....

Hi Trev,

I will get a K3 front hose in the post today, the rear is the same, if you could just pop the other front hose back in the envelope back to us it would be apretiated, and yes there is a 20° bend (approx) at the front master cylinder.

Let me know when you get them and how you get on with them, i will include an address label with the 2nd hose, just slap it on the envelope and stick the other front hose in.

Kind regards,

Nik

Who could ask for better.... :prayer: :supz:

If you are in the market for S/S lines you would be MAD not to see these guys. :partyman:

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

The kit to suit a KDX H model is Product Code: K3F-K1R.

Demerson

Post by Demerson »

I know this post is 10 years old, but was wondering how your brake lines heald up? No problems with wear or leaking ? I'm getting ready to order a set, but don't want them to end up being junk. Thanks
javjacob

Re: Front and rear KDX brakeline length

Post by javjacob »

I just ordered a front and rear set from Galfer. I don't know what lines everyone was referring to in this thread so I hope the Galfer lines are good. I did some searches before and found very little info and I decided I trust Galfer over any EBay item that doesn't list what brand they are.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Some pro MX teams run Galfer. They are very "name brand".
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
JL4049

Post by JL4049 »

Galfer brake lines have a very good reputation in sport bike circles, I wouldn't think their quality would be any different for dirt bikes. Next purchase for my KDX is a set of HEL braided lines. Only because I put a set of them on my Ninja years ago and they have lasted really well.