I race every chance I get!
18%

Total votes: 109

strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:Nope, still have not been to Belfair. One more flat track race next sat. for Jr. then that is over then Mudslingers on sun.. Come on down, there is camping available, 400 riders at the last event on superbowl sunday.
We took the RMX and KDX for a quick spin up a Reiter to check the RMX jetting, seems to run good. We are going to start some regular rides to get in shape for the Desert 100 and, 12hr and 25hr races at Starvation Ridge. I will let you know next time we make it to Belfair.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

:supz:
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

Just bought my 2000 KDX220R and i will be racing it in the spring and next summer. Super senior baby!!! :supz:
Brian
The destination is just a by-product of the journey
1990 KDX 200-E1 - Donated to my riding buddy Bill!
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I didn't end up racing this past year. Never really even came close. Hurting the knee didn't help, but honestly I just got into riding with the kiddo and with others.

Maybe I'll take a shot at it this coming summer.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
crf_kdx

Post by crf_kdx »

Hey JEB - the KORHS tends have their first race in early March and then roughly once a month through November. There is a bias toward eastern KY although a couple races were in your part of the state (Saddleback and a venue about an hour south of you). I'd say there were between 100 to 180 bikes at each event (plus quads and youth). The series is generally family friendly.

I think Austin and I ended up running 6 or 7 HS this past year in KORHS. It's absolutely amazing how fast the pros/A riders blow by and just how little room they need to get around you. Aside from the cost (broken parts, gas, entry fees and such), it was wonderful father-son time. We plan to run the entire KORHS series this coming year with a few IN & OH HS tossed in for good measure. At 48 I don't think I can do this sort of thing too much longer.

Btw, the KDX did just fine . . . with a better rider it would have done even better. There were always a handful of KDXs in the field! The only time I came away disappointed was with long, steep, lomey hills . . . and even there I suspect it was mostly the old geezer working the throttle & clutch. (A flywheel weight goes on before the first race in the spring.)
"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."
~ William Trogdon

2002 Honda Shadow ACE 750
2005 KDX 200 (mine)
2006 CRF 250X (son's)

2004 TTR 125LE (for sale)

KORHS Series: Senior C
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

crf-kdx - I would enjoy being in some scrambles with you and Austin next season, let's see what happens.

Brandon and I talked a little bit about harescrambles and woods riding in general recently. He's not far from moving into an 85 and I think he has a better shot at being at least somewhat competitive without performing the more riskier feats if he moves into scrambles and away from the mx track.

I'm interested in hearing how the flywheel weight helps things on those hills.

And just what do you mean you can't do this sort of thing much longer?!

I think you and Austin would like the Eagle Creek Park we rode last September. It's maybe an hour from Lexington. The challenge to it, in my opinion, is to try to run the trails fast. Tight curves. lots of roots, rocks . . . slow trails, great place to practice getting fast in the woods!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
paceyman
Supporting Member

Post by paceyman »

Bought my first bike, an '06 KDX200 about 16 months ago and started looking for places to ride. Someone I knew told me about the local hare scramble scene and now I've "raced" in 10 events. I ride the senior C class which has 84 other 40+ registered riders. For me, it's not about winning but riding areas I would have not otherwise would have had the opportunity to ride. http://www.vchss.org is the series. We have a few guys from NC that ride with us in SE VA so check it out.

I've done okay but still learning what riding is all about. My son raced in pee wee as well so we are both into it. It's a great family series.

I highly recommend this type of racing.

Bill Pacey
32s
Paceyman
06 KDX200
08 KX65 - Son's
04 KTM 50SX - Daughter's
06 KTM 125SX - TBD
03 Honda CR85R - Son's
06 Polaris 300 Hawkeye - Wife's
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

I race my 2001 on the http://www.blackjackenduro.com Black Jack Enduro Circuit. My 10 year old duaghter races also. We hit a few Harescrambles also. We both prefer the enduro format. Our circuit is starting to put on Family Fun Enduros on the Sat. before the main race. These are great you get to ride with your kids and help them keep time. Great learning tool for the kids and beginners. No computers only a clock and roll chart allowed. Any of you huys in the AR,OK,LA,MO area should check out BlackJakck if you haven't already. It's the best timekeeper cicuit out there. LONG LIVE THE TIMEKEEPER! :supz:
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
bulabula09

Post by bulabula09 »

currently workin on the hybrid project so no racing for me now...but when i only had my KDX i went to a few races and out of those few i only saw one other KDX racing!!!!!
RACING - "Because team sports are for homos"

'99/'00 KX 200 - head turner
'05 DRZ 400 SM - knee dragger
'06 CRF450R - SOLD
DirtBikeDad
Supporting Member

Post by DirtBikeDad »

I ran my first race this year. It was a 3 person team endurance race called The Battle of Atlanta at Social Circle. Temps at the start were a balmy 12 degrees F (in freaking GEORGIA mind you!) and warmed up to 31 for a high.

A lap included 12 miles of tight singletrack, water & log crossings, natural terrain MX, small hillclimbs, a swamp crossing and an endurocross style obstacle course. No one on my team had ever run a race before and we had ages ranging from 36 to 54 so we ran in the Open C class (Biggest class attending) Finished 21st out of 39 teams in Open C.

Lack of skill played a small part, but for me the biggest problem was stamina. I could hang with most of the riders through all but the open stuff where with my arm pump and the cold, I just couldn't hang on to the bike at any great speed.

There were a few more KDX's at the race. One couple had come down from OH (or IN maybe....somewhere in that general vicinity anyhoo) and raced in Florida the weekend prior to this race and were running this one as a team. IIRC he had a 200 and she was running a 220. Really nice folks.
DirtBikeDad
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"That's not flying, it's falling............with Style"
'99 Honda CR250R (Keith)
'99 Honda CR250R (Wilson 15)
'00 Yamaha YFM350 Warrior (Travis 13)
'90 Kawasaki 220 Bayou (Farm Toy)
riggy

Post by riggy »

honestly I would say I more less just pay to ride with a large group of racers on some cool new trails . ! LOL last time my son asked me what the heck where you doing joy riding my REPLY WAS AHHH YES ! :mrgreen:
DDR26
Supporting Member

Post by DDR26 »

I've been racing KDX's in enduros and hare scrambles in Fl since 1993.
Started with an air cooled 86, then got a 1990 which I still have. Got a 95 and raced it for a few years untill it got stolen. Went back to racing the 90 untill this year when I bought a 2001 which I am currently getting race ready for the new season in August. Also use my KDX's to lay out trail for the Alligator National Enduro during Daytona Bike Week.
Daytona Dirt Riders
1990 kdx200
2001 kdx200
2006 klx250s
plotski

Post by plotski »

I took fourth place in my class in a "national" hare scramble on my 93 KDX 250,and will be racing my 97 KDX220 this sunday in a district enduro...I race cross country and the KDX is one solid machine...I LOVE smoking all the poser wanna be's on thier brand new orange crap~! LOL :butthead:
Wherever you go......there you are

1993 KDX250
1997 KDX220 Street Legal !!
plotski

Post by plotski »

I just raced my 1997 kdx220 in a district 23 enduro here in MN.....Won my class by 5points over second and took 5th overall B-class! KDX's are awesome machines!!! :grin:

1993 KDX250
plotski

Post by plotski »

>|<>QBB<
plotski wrote:I just raced my 1997 kdx220 in a district 23 enduro here in MN.....Won my class by 5points over second and took 5th overall B-class! KDX's are awesome machines!!! :grin:
Oh and yes second place guy was on a 08 or 09 "clown bike" :butthead: and third was on a brand new 4choke!! beat 3rd place by 9minutes.....that 14 yr old KDX has still got it in her to RUN!!! :supz:

1993 KDX250
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

My KDX has seen a MX track at least 5 times since i had it but I never actually raced it. I really want to race in a harescramble but I can't find one anywhere in my city limits :sad:
f.gonzalez

Post by f.gonzalez »

I´ve raced my KDX just once in a motocross race, I couldn´t finish it because I fell too bad... After that, there were some races near my city but I couldn´t participate because my engine was broken and my wallet as well :roll: lol
But this season I will come back to races, in my race I just felt that I would love to have better suspension, but I´ll fix it as soon as possible :razz:
KDX 4 life !