2007 NETRA Snow Run

Got questions? We got answers....
mattR

2007 NETRA Snow Run

Post by mattR »

Rode the NETRA Snow Run enduro in Stafford CT on Sunday 2/12. Much warmer than the HS last week at about 20F, but barely any snow. Total of about 72 route sheet miles and about 55 ground miles. The conditions were perfect for a fast ride with a 24 mph speed average. A lot of rocks were showing with the lack of snow. I am sure I wasn't the only one but the bike was deflecting like crazy because metal studds don't really bit into rocks to well. Cranked the WER to the max and thing got a lot smoother. I was tied for 1st (didn't know it at the time) in the C-250 class at the half way gas stop in the morning. The 10 min road ride out to start the second half was about the coldest I have been on a bike. Had to put both hand on the pipe for a few minutes to get some feeling back before going out of the known control. Thats when I flooded the bike and could not get it to fire. A buddy that was spectating kicked it over a few time to clear it out and got it to catch. Ran into a riding buddy in of the sweetest single track sections of the day and we rode wheel to wheel for about 10 miles. Really helpped to push the pace. Unfortunatley I stalled on a tight right turn on to a rocky up hill about halfway in this section and a guy on a KTM that was on my ass ran into me and my buddy ran into him. My buddy flatted his front tire on the KTM's foot peg and he had to race the last 5 or so miles that way. I yelled a quck sorry and took off while they got untangled. Didn't hurt because they were back on me in no time and the 3 of us finished within about a minute of each other. Ended up 2nd place in my class with 33 points to a 30 at the end of the day. There was a bit of controversy with the scoring because a turn mileage marker a turn or two before one of the later checks was off, but the check itself was spot on. Took a couple of hours of drinking beers (inside) while that was sorted out. :partyman:

Fred Hoess won the overall with a 4 on a borrowed bike and a computer he didn't know how to use. I started two rows in front of Fred because he must not have pre-entered. Only saw him once, but holy **** that guy can fly.

High point A was an 8
Highpoint B was an 15
Highpoint C was an 17

The trails and conditions were so nice all 127 that rode had a blast. Wish we could do it every weekend.

Event pics:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prs ... t=032E0070

Me:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prs ... &adjust=-1

Video Clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 809&q=ffrt
97 KDX 220
rollerman

Post by rollerman »

good pics matt is the video from art he does nice work
tom
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son
mattR

Post by mattR »

Yeah that is Art's work. He probably has more to up later.
97 KDX 220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

So much for standing up! I always knew it was more talk than fact. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mattR

Post by mattR »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:So much for standing up! I always knew it was more talk than fact. :wink:
Guilty as charged. More evidence.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 063&q=ffrt
97 KDX 220
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Matt:

Those pics and your account were fantastic! I spent my first 21 years here on Earth in Tolland, CT - a stone's throw from Stafford (used to go to the dirt races at the speedway), and probably rode with quite a few riders at the enduro in the past. NETRA puts on great events throughout the Northeast, I did the Meridan Poker Run (not NETRA, but a lot of guys there) in 2003, and it was a blast! Consider yourself hardcore, because y'all ride in hellacious conditions - all the time. I'm in Colorado now, and miss the technical riding out there. Don't get me wrong, it can be tech out here, but nothing like the NE. Thanks for reminding me of my roots - good job at the enduro, bro!
:supz:
==C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
mattR

Post by mattR »

Thanks a lot. The only other place I have ridden is WV and those hills were a lot of fun. Would love to ride in the mountains of CO someday. Ride on!
97 KDX 220
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

mattR, you'd think the trails were groomed here in CO, compared to CT and the NE. But, the views make up for it!
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm