Larger tanks for the KDX-200

Got questions? We got answers....
MXOldtimer

Larger tanks for the KDX-200

Post by MXOldtimer »

Clarke mfg co. is coming out with a larger tanks for the 200. I had heard they were so I e-mailed them to find out about my 06 because I want a larger natural colored one so I can see my fuel level. Their response was "They're working on it right now and it maybe 8-10 weeks before they have them ready".

If your interested in a larger tank for your 200 drop them a line to let them know your interested and keep them motivated on getting a finished product to the public.

http://www.clarkemfg.com
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

they look as ugly as the IMS I have :sad:
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|QBB<[/url]
scheckaet wrote:they look as ugly as the IMS I have :sad:
How would you know, have you seen one?

I had a natural oversized Clarke on my 426 and actually it was nice looking compared to the other brands.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Trev

We are working on this tank but it will not be completed until approx. April...
I will save your e-mail and contact you when the become available with price and details

Thanks
Chris
Clarke Mfg Co

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

How would you know, have you seen one?
from their website

http://www.clarkemfg.com/Merchant2/merc ... e=kawasaki

and I did NOT see that one. This looks good
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Nothing wrong with these. If they make them to suit stock shrouds and look similar to those above, I'd buy one. :mrgreen:

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

KDXer I agree but I don't see anything for the KDX on those pics. I don't know if any of the KX tank mount on the KDX, do you?
I do like the look of the stock shrouds, the ones I have for the IMS tanks are like I said UGLY and the color is not quite Kawa green it's off and make the bike look like it's old and in poor shape :?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Nah the KX ones won't work. I'm pretty sure NO ONE (Clarke employees excluded of course) has seen one as yet. They are still in production. As soon as I get the details from Chris@Clarke I will post prices and pics.

kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Even used stock KDX tanks often go for in excess of $150 on Ebay so the market may be good for Clarke. I think Clarke puts out a good product, I've used their tanks on several of my bikes - I too have emailed them about buying one. On an other forum I read that they are looking at producing both stock and oversized tanks. I would opt for a clear stock size if they produce it.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

lets hope it's at least a 3.5 gallon tank, the ims is 3.2 while the stock is 2.9...