What is this ?? And how to fix this ??

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

What is this ?? And how to fix this ??

Post by KDXer »

Besides the dirt what is this feed line thingy ?? Anyone else got one ?? Also I have replaced all the sprocket shaft seals, orings and collars etc and it STILL leaks. Whats the go with that anyone know ?? Maybe the Renthal sprockets are thinner thus not providing enough squish on the orings ??

Heres the feed line thingy...

Cheers,
Trev...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

uh? what the ? thats not on mine or in the manual. oil level or presure switch?
nice looking shifter. as far as the counter shaft leaking I would say its the seal area on the shaft. or you are cutting the seal on the splines when installing. I use saran wrap or a ziplock bag with the zip cut off when installing seals or orings on sharp edged surfaces.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

It looks Cool!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

What do yours look like ?? :?

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
grump99

Post by grump99 »

Did it leak after riding some, or did it leak right away? I remember reading somewhere that you are supposed to lightly grease the inner seal surface or counter-shaft prior to installation. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference though. Good luck.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Obviously, your bike is a cleverly designed alien spacecraft - perhaps of living tissue that only resembles metal.

Beware the leakage, it could be their means of spreading themselves to take over our bodies. You should always ride in a sealed wetsuit, just in case.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I thought your bike was a 'regular' model? You've made comment about it not being some wodgy shonky tin-tanked dodger...so what is it?

Why doesn't your manual say what it is...or is your manual for a US bike?

Is your bike an H4?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

My governor, Arnold, says that it's a tumor!

Trev, you really blew the chance to show off your new fabbed automatic transmission. That's obviously a transmission fluid line to the cooler. (I would have believed that story) In the meantime, can you figure out where that line is going to?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Looks like it goes only to the magneto cover?

Remember what it looked like under your flywheel?

Does it have something to do with oiling your LH crank bearing?

It's 'wet' all the time, right? It's below the level window in the sight glass.

And, yeah...why IS your shifter so purty? Well, besides the fact that it's brandy new.....

Consider the source

cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Trust me that baby is no SR model. maybe Trevs bike is simply a "Series II" of the H4 models that has minor improvements over the first ones. I know for a fact that us Aussies do get the best of both worlds over here as quiet often we do get crap from the US as well as the good stuff from Japan in all aspects of the world EG, CARS, electrical appliances, copiers, and of course bikes!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

canyncarvr wrote:I thought your bike was a 'regular' model? You've made comment about it not being some wodgy shonky tin-tanked dodger...so what is it?
You tell me and we'll both know. :?

It certainly aint no tin-tanker. The differences I can find between mine and yours are as follows;
water temp sensor
??oil temp sensor??
steering lock
pillion pegs
ON/OFF kill switch.

All probably added safety features for ADR compliance and road registration ??
canyncarvr wrote:Why doesn't your manual say what it is...or is your manual for a US bike?
Who listens to the manual ?!? :rolleyes: The manual (under Electrical system/Flywheel Magneto / removal) shows a few pics with the same thingy installed and others show it without, go figure.
canyncarvr wrote:Is your bike an H4?
It is a 1998 model so according to the manual it is a H4, but again who listens to the manual...
canyncarvr wrote:Looks like it goes only to the magneto cover?
Sure does... With a wire attached by the looks. A bit hard to see with the FW in place.
canyncarvr wrote:Remember what it looked like under your flywheel?
Yep something like this....

Anything look out of the ordinary there ??
canyncarvr wrote:Does it have something to do with oiling your LH crank bearing?
I think maybe more to do with a low oil sensor. I'll look for my old speedo and see what warning lights it has.
canyncarvr wrote:It's 'wet' all the time, right? It's below the level window in the sight glass.
Yep...
canyncarvr wrote:And, yeah...why IS your shifter so purty? Well, besides the fact that it's brandy new.....
I am in the process of lengthening the shifter/brake pedals and lowering the pegs to make the bike fit my 6'5" frame a bit better. :rolleyes:
Last edited by KDXer on 02:11 am Jan 28 2007, edited 1 time in total.

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I think maybe more to do with a low oil sensor. I'll look for my old speedo and see what warning lights it has.
Dang. I was just typing on a different thread, and that same thought hit me. I come back here, and you've already got that idea. :mrgreen:

When I changed the counter shaft sprocket on the KDX the first time, it leaked after a few rides. Some of my KX5 buddies told me that was a common issue with the KX5. Kawasaki has two O rings behind the collar for the countershaft sprocket. They suggested I find a slightly thicker O ring and run it with one of the OEM O rings. I matched one of the O rings up with a slightly thicker one from Home Depot. Leak Fixed! :mrgreen:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
quailchaser wrote:Some of my KX5 buddies told me that was a common issue with the KX5. Kawasaki has two O rings behind the collar for the countershaft sprocket. They suggested I find a slightly thicker O ring and run it with one of the OEM O rings. I matched one of the O rings up with a slightly thicker one from Home Depot. Leak Fixed! :mrgreen:
Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a try.

DAVID

Post by DAVID »

Unplug the wire and ground it while its running. It may be a low oil kill switch.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Trev - It might be a secondary lighting coil. Some of the non-US bikes had three coils under the flywheel, maybe that is the line from the extra one?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
DAVID

Post by DAVID »

It is a sensor in the side of the case with a push on connector. The connector has a clear plastic cover on it that has turned yellow. The connector has a light green(actual color may be different) wire coming from it that goes under the flywheel. Am I correct so far? It should be a low oil sensor or a high oil temp sensor. Either way, it sould turn on a light or kill the engine.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Image was 'ere....
Last edited by KDXer on 05:33 pm Jan 29 2007, edited 1 time in total.

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Image was 'ere....
Last edited by KDXer on 05:33 pm Jan 29 2007, edited 1 time in total.

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, if you knew it was an electrical thingy why didn't you just SAY so in the first place!!

It looked like an oil passage to me..a tube with oil IN it.

OK...if it's a low-oil kill (or just ID for that matter), it works off of level or pressure? Pressure from what?

KayD: If you find your old 'dash'..do you still have the wiring for it? Plug it in, see what happens with David's suggestion..which was an excellent one, btw.

Here is my basic mistake: I figgered KayD had some slight clue what kind of bike he had. :shock: Sheeeeesh. :oops: Forgive me, for I hath sinned!

For what it's worth, I looked at BuyKaw for 'non US' models..and didn't see anything like the morph-job pictured herein, whereas and theretofore.

I don't get the point of links to .au KDXs for sale. Those sellers have no clue what they hell they're talking about or NOT talking about.

Take no umbrage. Same as posting links to ebay for US models. That a seller there does NOT say anything about SR means nothing. Likely he/she/they/it have no idea what an SR is or in many cases that such a thing even exists.

IF your manual (maybe you odda pay attention to it) lists things like sensors under the flywheel, is that a supplement to the 'H' manual or does it say WHAT it is referring to?

BTW, it was UNDER the flywheel I wondered about. Wondered what happend to that connection..how it was terminated.

Speaking of flywheel...I thought you had a Steahly FWW.

Consider the source