weird stuff

Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

weird stuff

Post by scheckaet »

This is weird, while I was taking off the front end, I came across this...

Is it really what I think it is? Could it be GREASE from the factory?
wow :shock: they sure do use a lot! :lol:

Kinding aside, seems like there was barely enough to keep the bearing OK (05 model) but I am glad I took the front end off and grease it REAL GOOD cuz now I know I won't have any trouble
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I doubt that is grease... just a slime substance made to resemble grease to the consumer....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

yeah probably some kind of alien cr@p!
it was actually kind of sticky :hmm:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

You coulda waited a few more years!

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

You coulda waited a few more years!
how many was that? Do you ride in really humid condition?
That's the exact reason I decided to follow the advice of the experienced riders from this site :wink:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I bought it like that :roll:
My guess, no one probably ever went into them before

Bought the bike on ebay in 2003, had to drive 250miles to pick it up, steering felt a lil notchy so I talked the seller into a couple deals (gave me the bottom end to a CT90 and offered to pay for new bearings)
Drove through probably the worst rain storm ever on the way home. The next day could not even turn the handlebars.
Seller tried backing out from buying new bearings so I threatened him I'd give him negative feedback on ebay. He promptly paypalled me the money.

I ended up having to cut the race in half with a Dremel tool and whacked like hell on em to get it all off, piece by piece. Went over the stem with fine wet dry or emory I forget which, to smooth out all the knicks I put in it using a steel drift ( I did not have a brass one yet), and used some stuff called Tight to make the new race fit a lil better, since I had to remove so much material

I replaced the bearings with those cheap All Balls ones :lol: and filled the entire space around the steering tube with some cheap marine grease
Have not looked at them since :shock: :rolleyes:

Kinda like my swingarm pivot shaft that everyone said in no way should I ever reuse! :shock: x TWO!!!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS