clamp between expansion chamber and silencer

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yeah my stocker leaked like a sieve also, the auto radiator hose is a very snug fit and I doubt it will ever leak.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Silicone is the duct tape of the millennium.
1001 uses. Wouldn't get all anal about the brand or type.
Any 100% would work. Just like Goop, they all re-label product to perform a specific task even when ingredients are the same.

I use silicon on my pipe protector. A few dabs on the backside where it contacts the pipe, allow to dry then mount it. Same with the clamps.
Don't have a safety wired oil drain plug, smear a lump of silicon up the side. Keep it thick enough and its easy to remove without leaving residue.

I use the stock rubber connector on my 250 w/ FMF. Owner had a cut hose and clamps but it looked terrible. I checked the stock pipe and it had the stock rubber piece still on it. It fit great and has that "I belong here" look.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I still have my stock 1995 rubber on mine and seals like the day it was made.... :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't get it...yet....

Part of the 'why silicon?' is because of the price of the replacement seal. $pendy!

BTW...type of joint..it is male/female slip. Two of 'em! A couple of 'S's put together, if you will.

I hear a fat lady....singing........ :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!