KDXRider.net

cleaning pipe and repacking silencer

Post by scheckaet »

How often?
Which method do you use?
When I get around to it, this is what I will do for the pipe
http://www.piperepair.com/carbon.htm

For the silencer, here is what I've done last time:
wipe off as much spooge as possible (probably used some carb cleaner or sumthin), then scrubed with a wire bruch, wipped off and repacked .
Any suggestions?

Thx
Wilf
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I usually do mine whenever it is dripping spooge from all the rivets and out the end cap

I take mine totally apart, removing all rivets so I can remove the turbine core, remove packing and lay all the pieces on my driveway. I then use a propane torch to burn off the spooge, pretty much have to get the metal glowing red hot. Then I douse parts with water to cool and go over each with a wire brush.

http://wibby.smugmug.com/gallery/2096184/1/43820096

The last time I repacked (couple months ago) I put all the parts in a big metal washtub and built a fire with credit card statements and junk mail that I needed to destroy. Got a few frowns from the neighbors but I got my s/a cleaned and my junk mail destroyed all at once :wink:

Yamaha Combustion Chamber Cleaner is probably the best way to clean your s/a but it's around $8 o $10 a can

Spray it on wait a little and wipe or rinse it off

It'll will even take the carbon off the head and piston just as easy
Last edited by Mr. Wibbens on 08:02 pm Jan 16 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
FRYSPEED

Post by FRYSPEED »

Filled my pipe with caustic soda and hot water and left it over night.Seems to work. :lol: