Is there a difference in bottom ends between the 200 & 2

Got questions? We got answers....
BlueLghtning

Is there a difference in bottom ends between the 200 & 2

Post by BlueLghtning »

Hey guys, long story short, I picked up a '99 KDX220 a few weeks ago. I got all of 2 hours on it before the engine went south. (Seized up). I've been tearing it down and it looks like a bearing or something went out on the bottom end. :(

Anyway, a buddy is looking at picking up an older '91 KDX200 himself and his is coming with an extra motor. I want to to keep mine a 220, but I'm wondering if the bottom end of this older '91 motor will bolt up to my frame and will the 220 head bolt on to it?

Is this a bad idea, or will it work? Have there been changes in the bottom ends over the years?

Thanks for the info.

Dan
[font=Monotype Corsiva]BlueLghtning[/font]

1996 Kawasaki KLX650
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2001 Suzuki SV650s
2001 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track)
My Pictures
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I don't think this will work as the KIPS system which is driven by the bottom end is different between the E and H bikes.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Morie is correct. The KIPS activation shafts coming from the clutch side covers are different angles. 90 models shaft basically goes straight up towards the head, H models are at more of an angle towards the front of the bike.

BTW Welcome !!! :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."