Maier MX-style Fender Fitment

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maier MX-style Fender Fitment

Post by Jeb »

For those of you who have swapped out your stock fender for one of the MX-style fenders - did you have any problems getting the sidepanels to "mesh" nicely with the mx fender?

Everythings fine except that the back edge of the right-hand sidepanel wants to slightly overlap the leading edge of the visible portion of the new fender. The mx fender fits everywhere else very nicely.

I tried loosening bolts, remounting fender, etc . . . same thing. I can trim a couple of mm's off the offending edge of the sidepanels but wanted to see your experiences (and I HATE to go hacking on the plastic!)

Thanks!

BTW the stock rear fender w/ light, wiring harness, tool bag - whole kit & kaboodle - will be listed under "Parts and Bikes" section if anyone needs a replacement.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Mine was off a tad... I think your subframe may be slightly tweaked...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Mine was off a tad... I think your subframe may be slightly tweaked...

doesn't take much to get it right, might have better luck with making the mount holes in the fender egg shape for easy adjustment I also hacked the ends off the subframe for a cleaner look and used rubber grommets on the top mount holes. still ended up a little over lapped on the right side. the 98 KX fender graphics work nice.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
krazyinski wrote:the 98 KX fender graphics work nice.
Interesting.... Have you got any pics ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Thanks guys . . .

I LOVE the "new" look.

Still debating on what to do on the front - headlights or number plate. If I go with the plate what works well? Will it still work out OK when I get some USD forks?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
KDXer wrote:>|<>QBB<
check the gallery under krazyinski
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:Thanks guys . . .

I LOVE the "new" look.

Still debating on what to do on the front - headlights or number plate. If I go with the plate what works well? Will it still work out OK when I get some USD forks?
I could not imagine not having a headlight, especially this time of year

Never really saw much use for a taillight til I rode with Carvr at the dunes at night :shock:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote: . . . Never really saw much use for a taillight til I rode with Carvr at the dunes at night :shock:
And thus the "bringing up the rear" on your signature?

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
krazyinski wrote:>|<>QBB<
KDXer wrote:>|<>QBB<
check the gallery under krazyinski
Cheers, I did but couldn't get a real good view. Still got a good enough idea. Thanks... Trev...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

KDXer I added some pics check my gallery now.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks alot buddy. :supz: