GALLERY!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A good "loaner" bike! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

All bikes can run backwards, try clutch starting your bike going backwards down a hill and see.... :blink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
KDXer wrote:All bikes can run backwards, try clutch starting your bike going backwards down a hill and see.... :blink:
:shock:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I actually had that happen in a race once. I had a pretty spectacular crash, and after I got up and kicked the bike over I had a fleeting thought that the kickstarter felt a bit different. Then I checked traffic, leaned over the bars for a crowd pleasing max acceleration take-off. As I revved the piss outa the mofo, and dumped the clutch, the bastid shot out from under me backwards like some kind of scalded raped backwards thing. I went right over the bars, got my legs hung up, fell on my face and amused the spectators a good bit. I was young and very bewildered at that moment, but mostly bewildered. I restarted the bike and gingerly let out the clutch , but this time it went forward. For quite a while after that the bike would start backwards about 30% of the time. I think it's good to have a bike like that, it builds character, and makes you appreciate the simple things in life.. like bikes that go frontwards. :supz:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
GS

Post by GS »

TOO FUNNY CM :lol:
rollerman

Post by rollerman »

i had that happen before and all the guys with me all pissed themselves ... :rolleyes:
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I have a snipe in on that one... It's only a few short hours away.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I had a PE175 that would do that just to make me laugh. If I didn't make a rutted uphill and I couldn't put my foot on the rear brake pedal, I'd use the clutch while the engine was running for braking while sliding backwards down to the bottom - sometimes I'd use too much and it would kick it into backwards mode. Gotta love 2smokes!

However, it was a good bike and never embarrassed me in public.
:cool:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Chances are the woodruff key on the flywheel is sheared, the flywheel has moved and the timing is off. Piece'o cake.

Could be a completely goobered magnet mess in the flywheel, but it ain't nothin' can't be fixed!

Agreed..two strokes don't care it they are running backwards or forwards. If the timing has 'changed' to be BTDC, it REALLY doesn't care.

Re: 'However, it was a good bike and never embarrassed me in public.'

This IS a public forum, yanno. :oops:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!