KTM 200exc or KDX 220?

Got questions? We got answers....
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

well if I was to get another bike it would be a 2007 EC 250 GAS GAS, thats one smooth fast bike.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
krazyinski wrote:>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Re: ' A 220 will never be as fast as an EXC. Period.
ya there is no way my 220 is as fast as a EXC 200 but then I could always drag the brake to even things up a bit.
but then, who is in to drag racing dirt bikes any way? NOT ME ! beside I would bing my 650 to do any serious drag racing off road.
:cool:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
z1nonlyone

Post by z1nonlyone »

Hahaha!! I guess what your saying is that although the KDX is not as fast as the EXC, its abilities, or your skill, is faster in the trail conditions??
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I have to tell you that modding the head will make the starting a little more difficult. The 220's have very low compression, or at least mine did. After Ron worked his magic, my bike had a good deal more low end snap. But I used to be able to start it by hand , and can no longer do so. Would I go back? NO WAY!! But a 105 lb. lady may feel differently.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I have to tell you that modding the head will make the starting a little more difficult. The 220's have very low compression, or at least mine did. After Ron worked his magic, my bike had a good deal more low end snap. But I used to be able to start it by hand , and can no longer do so. Would I go back? NO WAY!! But a 105 lb. lady may feel differently.
there is a lot of differance between stock and modifide 220 night and day. smooth and fast is all that really counts in the woods anyway the less tire spin the faster the over all speed. that takes time in the saddle on a forgiving bike.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

just remember...its still 90% and 10%...you can have all the horse power in the world...if you cant ride, it dont matter.period. Dont mistake tha fact that having more power will save you...in the bush, its about handleing and being nimble, cuz the faster you go in the bush, the faster you will hit trees from mis-judgement...

ROCK ON...ride hard and have a blst..if she loves riding thats awsome keep her into it and give her any help she needs to rock on!
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
luke347

Post by luke347 »

Yea even though theres people that would like there KDX's back theres lots of people who are glad there on the exc instead of the kdx, It's all in how good you are and a how your're throttle controll is.
mattR

Post by mattR »

KTM 200EXC = F-18 Hornet

KDX 200/220 = A-10 Thunderbolt (aka warthog) :supz:
97 KDX 220
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

well call me finicky but I am not all that impressed for the money spent I did expect more from the 300 EXC.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

A little off topic but,
My cousin bought a KTM 300 exc brand new. I wanted one too, went to the dealer and was first on the list for the next one in. I kept calling and they wouldn't even return my call. I wanted the thing in time for a gran prix race - a four hour plus cross-country event that drew out a lot of folks.
I finally gave up and bought case guards for my ancient 1989 KX250 and race prepped it.
I got class second place, he dnf'd with blown front wheel bearings. Go figure. Now I laugh at the thought of buying a KTM - no disrespect meant -just my case.

I never did hear from the KTM dealer.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.