Cheng Shin ?

Got questions? We got answers....
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Cheng Shin ?

Post by saddletramp »

My local Kawi. dealer sold me a cheng shin rear tire, $43. Has any one tried this brand? I took the rear wheel off of my kids pw 80 and noticed that was also a "cheng shin" from the factory.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Take it back.... :shock: Find a different dealer.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

It will work fine, but not last very long...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

For $10 more you can get a truely long lasting hooking up tire.

Chin Chits as we call them are made from brittle rubber.... It is over processed and will chunk pretty bad.

Check prices on a D952 which is a Dunlop.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Or a Kenda Millville, good intermediate tire and cheap price.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Most folks put Cheng Shins on bike to sell them since they are about the cheapest tire you can buy. There is a reason for that.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Many high quality tires go for about $50-$55.
I have used a Dunlop D756, and It's held up great.
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Well I did tell the guy I wanted a cheap mud tire and it sounds like thats pretty much what I am gettin. He says the KTM guys run the chengs in the summer with a diff. tread for rock riding, for $30 a tire.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Holy crap! $43 for a rear Cheng Shin!? I payed almost that for a new set of both front and rear Cheng Shins for a race when i was in a pinch money wise. The front is holding up very well but the back is going fairly fast. But for the $20 odd i payed for it, its not a bad tire.

Most of the guys I ride with ride Maxxis IT in the rear and a Maxxis SI in the front. I personally havent tried that combination but people here seem to swear by it.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:Holy crap! $43 for a rear Cheng Shin!? I payed almost that for a new set of both front and rear Cheng Shins for a race when i was in a pinch money wise. The front is holding up very well but the back is going fairly fast. But for the $20 odd i payed for it, its not a bad tire.

Most of the guys I ride with ride Maxxis IT in the rear and a Maxxis SI in the front. I personally havent tried that combination but people here seem to swear by it.
http://www.answers.com/topic/cheng-shin-maxxis you guys (including myself) are aware that running the Maxxis tires you are really running the beter versions of Chen Shing? :wink:

Can't say anything about the rears...but the SI 21" hooks up well and stay predictable even anfter the knobs wear. I won't run any other front tire down here. I have no preferance on the rear. Many work well in our varied terrain.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC