USFS Land Closures

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

USFS Land Closures

Post by bradf »

I have been watching these closures all over the US for the last 4 years. I fully expected the huge opposition to ORV's and motorcycles that I saw out in WA as that state is a rather Environmental Nazi haven for the Gay Whale Tree Hugging Spotted Owl Granola crowd. Closures are now happening all over my new area in FL. A couple months ago I took it upon myself to contact the USFS here locally and just talk to the PR person giving them some of my ideas. That has since opened the door for me to get both feet in as they called me asking for my full proposal. My proposal is simple: Proactive vs Reactive to the people that cause damage and give us a bad name.

I am hopefull that we can reverse the status quo of closures first, reacting second. It seems that after the USFS is forced to make a move we go running to the BRC crying for help. I know that usually it is the Envrio-Nazis that push this agenda, but here it is the 4-wheeler ORV (including trucks) crowd that can't seem to stay out of clearly marked areas that has really pissed off the USFS.

I'll share the proposal with anyone that needs it or is considering getting involved with the USFS to head off closures.

e-mail me @ dzastr12@hotmail.com for more info.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Lay it out here... you have 700+ that can make a difference! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I live in North central Florida and have witnessed the USFS closing several of the trails in the Ocala National forest. More like 50% of the trails... and this was in 2005/early 2006.

I am fortunate to have two motocross parks within 30 miles of me to where I don't need to trail ride all that often as trails are "built in" to the parks as well.

From what I see when I am riding in the forest, MOST of us 2 an 4 wheelers are respectful and stay on the marked courses. SOME do not, and cut across new land, through brush, and make new trails. When the forestry service people find them, they keep adding it to their list of "lets close more down" -- "so they can't ride here" effort.

I have seen other riders in the park "camping area" be rude to the forestry people, curse, throw things, spit, yell, etc. at them just for doing their jobs and maintaining the park. No wonder they want all of us to go away.

It only takes one motorcycle or quad to be the ambassador for the whole sport. I try to do my part by keeping my pit area clean, ride on the marked trails, and be polite to the forestry people.

Thanks to all of you who hold the forest and trails in a higher regard so we can keep them open. Thanks a bunch to all who don't give a crap about the service; I guess I'll have to find a new place to ride, maybe in your backyard.
FAZ