Sprocket Question..

Got questions? We got answers....
cmot

Post by cmot »

I have an odd ball one for you guys. I run 11/47 that gave it a granny gear. But when I put in the modified two petal kx125 reed cage in it. It spread 1st gear overrev and spread to cover what 1st and 2nd did before. Like going thru 1st and 2nd without a shift. Likewise 2nd became 2nd and 3rd gear and so on. I was more impressed (put miledly, it was more like OH MY GOD)by this setup than the traditional setup. The power delivery is like a reostat you can dial it in exactly. On cement I can be in normal attack posture in 4th gear and roll the throttle on with clutch and bring up the front wheel in a power wheely without reving or yanking . This ability comes in handy in rough terrain. :supz: I,m a big guy too.
Just bury me when I can't ride anymore...
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I love the granny gear!
My Rt180 has a first gear so low it will idle down the driveway, kind of like creeper gear. It's just as un-stallable as my friend's xr200! Weird thing about the rt though, first gear is so low even with stock gearing, but 6th is good for 65mph, while the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gaps are HUGE
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Yes, And boy i cant wait for this big change to arrive. Thanks CC for the comments i wasnt too fussed about wear but just curious
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Parts ordered (12/47) just a matter of waiting now..