Got questions? We got answers....
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Opinion on graphic

Post by tha_reids »

Hello
Nice site
Been doing alot of research here lately.

I'm designing a graphic for my KDX 250 91-94 just wanted to throw it in here and get some feedback from KDX owners. I've removed all the barbie colored graphics that came with the bike:)

What ya think?

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/modules. ... _album.php
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

First of all, its great to see another 250 fella! Got a 91' myself. Sticks look pretty good. Is that the actual color? Is you bike still stock green with blue seat and forks?
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Ya, I bought the 92' 250 about 2 months back. One of the first things to go was the stock seat cover. Put a black gripper on it for now. Only blue is on the forks and rear spring. Colors on decal will be black and met. silver on a white vinyl with a HP gloss laminate. I've already produced and installed the side plate decals.

Bike is extremely clean, only 1900 miles and does'nt appear to have been ridden hard at all. Paid only $850 for it.
I don't have any history on the bike but motor seems to be all stock, never refreshed. It even still had stock jetting (way too rich).
I rejetted the bike, repacked the fmf can (full of spooge, way rich), 89' thin kx head gasket, replaced all the vent hoses and fuel line (brittle), new 520 chain, some Moose racing hand quards, super stock reeds.

The bike really woke up! It actually has a top end now :grin:

How do you like your 250?
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

So far, so good. Ive only had mine since like october. About the same case. It was also in really good shape, and very well documented. The owner had every piece of paperwork on the bike from the last ten years. Ive only rode it once, besides around the yard, but i think i will really like it. I havent really rode in about 12 years, but i guess its like a fast bicycle! :lol: Pretty much stock looking, except for the redone seat that the previous owner did. He added some padding, which feels great, but i dont care for the cover. Check out my pics in the gallery under Rick. Try to post some of yours when you can. Id like to see it!
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

G'day and WELCOME !!!

The stickers should look SWEET !! :supz:

Don't forget to add some pics of her when shes finished. :wink:

Merry Xmas, a Happy New year and enjoy your stay. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.
Rick, how tall are you? I can't see myself adding anything to the height of the seat. I'm 6' tall and have some issues with getting my feet firmly on the ground. Next week I'll start by seeing what springs are up front, aftermarket or not. I'm curious cuz my bike has no front sag for some reason. Rear sag seems in order but I have to lean forward, brake applied, to get the forks to compress at all. I also feel a good bit of friction up front. Its not as smooth as I'd like it. I'll just pull the forks and break em down, measure the springs and I'm sure they can use a oil change.

Is your bike jetted, Rick?

Merry X-mas all

Here is a shot of the side
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/modules. ... _photo.php

Close up

Front
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I have a 93 and those graphics are much better than stock. How does the rad shrouds look. How does it stand up to power washing. I am losing mine from power washing, I made a cutout so I just paint my side panels. It is nice to see an other 250 on here. There are damn few of us keeping it alive. :mrgreen: Rick is an awsome guy thanks for posting the throttle routing pics. THose are sweet, if you want to get rid of a set lets talk. :lol:
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do you take requests?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

[hijack]

Paging some 250-kind'a guys.

A favor, por favor?: Take a look at THIS.

1. Are your carb caps straight entry?
2. Does your (OEM?) tank sit as low?
3. Does your throttle cable route up the spine of the bike? On the 'inside' of the tank?

I don't think there are ANY posts by other KDX250 riders. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

[/hihack]

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

[hijack
>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:Rick is an awsome guy thanks for posting the throttle routing pics.
Seems we may be missing something, Carvr
[/hijack
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I didn't want to hijack this thread also, so I will let CC do it. I could not have gotten anywhere NEAR this far w/o CC and Inda I am thankful for their patience and knowledge. However Mr. Reid will you look at your cable routing and tell me on my other thread (KDX250 throttle compatability) if this is how you cable is routed I would be greatly apprecitive.
Thank You
Tom
Last edited by radonc73 on 12:52 pm Dec 26 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Hey rieds. Im 6'0 and hover around 170. Im dont sit flat footed on both sides, but real real close. The rear has been softened a bit. As for jettin, I dont know what it is. Previous owner said ha had it re jetted for a little better low end bite, But i dont think it was set just right. Sometimes, I get the big soote out of the bike and some times it doesnt rev right in the power band. Need to check it all out still. He did say he just pt some 87 oct. weedeater gas in it for me to test ride :sad: , but always ran 93 and bel-ray. Might need a new and hotter plug? P.S. Where did you find a seat cover. I figured yours would look good with a black seat, and it does! Rick By the way, thanks for the compliment tom. Your also great. Did ya see after a week, and alot of trying, I finnaly got some pics up!?
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

See if this works for ya...

Here is a closeup of the top of the carb

Go ahead and use my photos in your thread
The first thing that caught my mind when I bought the bike was "damn thats a tight curve coming out of the carb", but it works and does'nt bind at all (keep it lubed). Cable housing is only 3/16" in diam where it leaves and the boot is 1.75" tall and straight. The bottom of the square fuel cock is pretty even with the cap of the throttle slide assembly as far as tank height goes.

My jetting
I just got back from the high desert in so cal a few weeks ago and thats where I jetted the bike (80f). I started with the needle clip moved in the top position and 160 main (stock was 165). Bike still smoked out the staging area when cold. Ran great when warm and was nice & crisp. Next day went to a 38 pilot (40 stock) and a 158 main and it improved slightly over the previous day, more crisp but hardly smoked when cold. I'll probably lower the needle clip to the second from top notch to fatten the mid next time out. The spooge is gone and the bike actually revs now!

I need to read the forum rules before I discuss the graphics (if they are for sale)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

er... I am the owner... Do you take requests? :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

My other 2 wheel'd hobby
and

That was at Thunderhill turn 2 and 11 on my 02 ZX9R (Kawi baby!)
I bought the bike for $1500 and resurrected it from the dead, lowside at reno fernely raceway. I have less than $3500 total into the bike with performance mods. I hardly ever ride on the street anymore :sad:
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Indawoods
What ya need? :wink:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A custom site set for my 95 KDX!
No purple or blue!
Black, Silver, Green and White would be cool!

Maybe quite a few sets if you can pull it off. My brother needs some for his too.... :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

Hey India how about adding something about this web site on the rad shrouds that way we can show support for what you do?
06 200H

GALLERY!
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

radonc73,
Companies like 3M will always warn against putting a high pressure
nozzle too close to the edge of a graphic reguardless of the quality.
The vinyl I'm using is new to the market, its 3M 50 series (5 year). I also have scotchcal 220 High performance 2mil(8 year). I test applied both vinyls and the 50 series seemed to grab the plastic better and it is a cheaper product OTD. It is definately not oracal :shock:
The decals will be run on a digital EDGE thermal resin printer (5 year print) and then I use a high performance avery 2mil DL1000 laminate that is also rated for 5 years. It is the same product we use to laminate all are vehicle wraps. In my industry, the lower the film thickness the better.
The side plate graphic is about 6mil and most dirt bike graphics are 12mil+. Its usually the laminate that dictates the thickness.

The company I manage does'nt specialize in dirt bike graphics but I may do some research on adhesive and laminates for this application.

Either way I get to be the guinea pig :lol:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

If you work out a nice set of H model graphics similar to what Vince (Indawoods) suggested, I'm sure you will be able to get rid of a fair few sets. I would grab a few. :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."