Opinion on graphic

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Cool, sounds supper dooper to me.

OK well I have finsihed the templates. The way I did it was to cut pieces of paper up like a jigsaw and taped them altogether making the template. If that makes sense. Due to the curves etc I couldn't use one large piece of paper because it would crease.

WANNA CHECK ONE THING BEFORE I POST EM THOUGH, ANYONE WITH A H MODEL I HAVE A QUESTION.

DOES YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE NUMBERPLATE HAVE A QUICK REMOVE TYPE SCREW ?? The reason I ask is because my two sideplates are slightly different and wanted to be sure yours were too.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Yeah, mine is the same way. I thought the previous owner must have put that on.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Cool, I will post em out soon. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Trev...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Thanks KDXer,
You da man :wink:
Definitely going above and beyond for the KDX community
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

No thanks nessecary really. :mrgreen: I believe it is YOU that is going above and beyond by offering your services, so Thank YOU !! :prayer:

crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

man this all is really great and i am definately willing to buy some!!!

kdxer, my '00 kdx 200 has a quick release screw on it. both plates seem to be the same, just the special screw. i will double check later and make sure.

is anyone working on a H moddel template?
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have completed all the H model templates.

BTW the 2 side plates are slightly different as are the shrouds.

qwik gixxer

Post by qwik gixxer »

As a Noob to this board I have to say I am impressed. Looks like a great bunch!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

You guys are doing an awesome job, keep it up! :D

Reid, can you have a clear portion of a graphic? For my numbers I have to have a green background so I was thinking of getting some green side plates and having the numbers with designs on a clear background. That why you wouldnt have to print the green and I could use the color of the plates. Possible? Thanks!
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Hey fellas,
Sorry I haven't had much time to deal with the bike graphics. Took plenty of time off for the holidays and in doing so I got pretty backed up at work.

thebleakness,
Having a large clear portion is not that cost effective. Printing the numbers only would be if you had the kawi green side plates. Do they specify a bright green background? If the numbers had to be black then just have them die cut from black vinyl. When I do formula extreme super bikes I have guidelines. 6" number with a 1.5" stroke and they have to be black(only). If I disregard guidelines the bike may not pass tech.Do you have any photos of a bike in your class?

qwik gixxer,
I haven't forgot about ya. The orders would be processed thru my work, not out the back door, so I need to make sure everything is in place.
I'm going to try and produce these for the best possible price.

It would be Ideal to get a set out there so everyone can see the quality (other than me just saying its a great product) then set up a group buy option. If we go that route I can reduce the price even more. :supz:

I'm not in this for the money. I feel the KDX community doesn't get the aftermarket support that it deserves.
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

so, do you have an estimate for us? just put an approximate price out there and you can go from there as time goes on.
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

We appreciate your time, help and effort on this Mr Reid. :prayer:

tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Here is the initial price breakdown for the 250D graphics.

Full set (side plates, front plate, shrouds, swingarms (kdxrider.net), FMF.
$114.40

Shroud set $39.40
Add swingarm $10
Add front plate $14

Side plate set $62.40
Add swingarm $10
Add front plate $14

No fluff on the shipping. I'll figure out the best packaging. (I don't trust UPS :neutral: )

The FMF and KDXrider.net x-tras will be nested in unprinted areas.

Remember, these are short run manufactured. Ceet can manufacture at a fraction of my cost :sad: Since I'm using my best cast laminate on a 65" wide laminator, I cannot laminate one shroud set at a time. It burns close to 1' up front and 1' out the back. Throw a 12"x24" graphic in there and I get around 75% drop going in the garbage :shock: It will have to run with another job or wait till I get a few stacked up.
This is why I suggested a group buy. That way everyone wins and the price is reduced.

I also need to take care of people like KDXer.

Thanks guys
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Hey, hey, no special treatment for me, I totally appreciate the offer but you deserve the credit. I am more than happy to pay what needs to be paid to cover your time and costs. :mrgreen:

radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Where do we send the money and when? Do you want us to send it in at the same time or just dribble in? I can send my money in soon, probably 2 to 3 weeks.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

OK Mr Reid you should have a pakage arrive in a week or so. I hope they are suitable and if you need anything clarified or something done again please don't be shy to ask, I'm more than happy to help... :partyman:

Cheers,
Trev....

tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

Thanks KDXer
I'll look forward to receiving it. I'm sure it will all work just fine.

BTW, can you give me measurements of the "Kawasaki" on the shroud.
Maybe height of the "K" and the overall length.

Much appreciated

Thanks

To everyone else:
I will offer the graphics to everyone. Please be patient. It also looks like I'll use my own Paypal account to process the payments. I won't raise any prices to deal with fees. It will be a legitimate purchase from an actual company and I'll post all the company info. I'll give plenty of warning before it takes place.
vinny

Post by vinny »

Hey! Don't forget about the E series bikes now. You know, I would pay a little for some nice modern looking shroud stickers
tha_reids
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by tha_reids »

>|<>QBB<
vinny wrote:Hey! Don't forget about the E series bikes now. You know, I would pay a little for some nice modern looking shroud stickers
Need a template for E. I don't know of any local KDX's here.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

We can possibly convince CFSPAWN to have a go for us, but as he has a baby due VERY SOON I wasn't going to bother him with it. If no one in the US can volunteer I will see if I can sweet talk him. :shh: