Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Looks right to me! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

The KDX with 15/47 Gearing? "oh yeah, I like this idea"
Jaybird

Post by Jaybird »

quailchaser,
OK, yes you are correct in what you were saying...but only for the type of tool that Motion Pro provides. And you have to actually push the one pin all the way out of the link for this to work. May actually need an additional tool for this to happen, as I'm not sure the MP tool will push the pin completely out. But if it won't push the pin all the way out, and you have no more tools handy, you could simply push both pins just past the first plate...and viola, the whole pin link will come out of the roller link and you have broked chain.
With a conventional chain break you must remove the outer pinplate from both pins of the link being removed, as you can't get the link off without being able to push the pins out.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Can you not punch one pin, grab the plate with plyers, swivel it out of the way and slide the link off ?? I'm sure I have done it this way before. :hmm:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

The MP chain breaker will push the pin all the way
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS