Ignorance is Ignorance

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ignorance is Ignorance

Post by bradf »

So I was out riding, stopped on a high clear-cut minding my own business when these two guys rode up and got off their bikes. One a KXF250, the other a KDX200. So of course the conversation was about "the bikes". Soon enough I was telling all about the RB mod and the SS. Both of them virtually laughed in my face when the SS was mentioned. It was a pigment of my immigration or something like that. Just goes to show you that true ignorance is proven not just by absence of knowledge, but in the denial and the total unwillingness to accept facts.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Amen brother!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

What's the SS??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
lankytim

Post by lankytim »

SS stands for Super Secret, 'cos I don't know what it means either. hehe, we're ignorant.

Sooo, what's the SS?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Sweet Spot !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

second sweet spot on the RB carbs
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
lankytim

Post by lankytim »

Ah ok, of course. Maybe that's like what my missus is always complaining that I can't find.

Oi! Trev, damn you, you stole my idea of the kangaroo (wallaby?) on the KDX! I have been meaning to do that for ages just didn't get around to it. Nice work all the same. I will have to plot an alternate course for my avatar.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for telling me what SS means.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Sorry Timmy, how about a koala or a kookaburra??? :lol:
How's the saying go? Great minds think alike !!!

You can't find it ??? :shock: C'mon Tim we all know its 2 turns out... Oh my mistake :lol:

The avatar was a 5 minute job I'm sure you could do better, when you have time give it a go... Stickers will be delivered around Monday-ish...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

WOMBAT!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: pigment of my immigration

Ha!

It could have been just a filament of your illumination....

What did they say? How stupid the idea was..how impossible it was...? They both had RB carbs of course to even have the slightest idea what the subject of discussion was?

It's good to know that my ignorance is not merely due to absence of knowledge! Heck....does that make me multitasking? ;)
Last edited by canyncarvr on 05:34 pm Feb 22 2005, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

CC, neither had an RB modded carb. I even explained the divider plate and the idle circuit work that had been done. Both said that if the AS was out 2 1/2 turns then the pilot jet was too rich. Impossible. Unless of course there was a serious problem somewhere else that this was covering up. Also, one adamantly said that after 1/4 throttle that the AS position would have absolutely no affect, such as a better, smoother roll-on. Funny thing was that both were hinting that they would like to see this for themselves. But a ride on my bike was not going to happen. Now here is a kicker; later we were all at a very long hillside cut-out, where the logging crews get dirt for their roads. It is a popular hill climb. I go up in 3rd, and stay in 3rd even though the RPM gets rather low. The other KDX started in 3rd but had to downshift halfway up. He heard mine lug down and still pull and mentioned it on top. Now this might be the DF3 as well, he had 607's. I then started out in 3rd gear on top of the hill. I would have tried 4th but why risk looking like a smart ass too.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't know how much of that is funny...and how much is just plain pathetic. After hearing about a modification/product about which I have no clue....after seeing how much better a bike equipped with the product runs I would be at the least curious.

But...I've heard terrific things about the Icat product, and have no intention of ever having anything to do with it. It makes no sense at all, is contrary to laws of physics.

That has nothing to do with how the mixing of air/fuel can radically change an engine's performance.

If you run across that KDX again it would be fun to wax him in any other number of ways. I saw a KDX on Sunday's ride..staged where we did. I SO much wanted to take him for a spin up Poison Oak just so I could have some ammunition to tell him how to 'fix' his bike! But...why risk looking like a smart ass? Anyone that knows me understands that not to be a question anyway. :sad:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You may as well look like one, as soon as you open your pie hole the secrets out anyway!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
lankytim

Post by lankytim »

KAY DEE EXER wrote:Stickers will be delivered around Monday-ish...
Hey Trev, still no stickers mate. I'm not shaking your tree about it, just wanted to check if you did in fact send them cos I didn't get none yet. Hopefully you didn't send them to my old Newcastle address! :sad:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yeah sorry Tim they got returned ???? Fark knows why maybe cos I sent them in a standard envelope. I'll resend them in a CD postage box. :partyman: Again sorry. Stoopid Oz Post. :butthead: I indeed sent them to QLD so no worries there.

lankytim

Post by lankytim »

Ah, phew!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

thats about like when i stopped at the local moto place the other day. i got 10 b9es plugs. the guy asked me "fouling alot of plugs?" he knows i have an 89 kdx200. i said nope just change them after about every 3 to 4 rides. thought to myself and dont like to stop in here too often. conversation moved to what all i had done to my bike after i mentioned i was going to do some wot plug chops then the guy asked why i ran my carb so lean (as perceived by him) i quickly asked if he had any asv levers (knew he didnt) and thankfully the phone rang. i was able to pay and leave. :supz:
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

89kdx200rdr - are you running a b9es instead of a b8es?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

yeah i always run b9es plugs
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F