KX fork conversion or Autoclutch

Got questions? We got answers....
Dirtdad4

KX fork conversion or Autoclutch

Post by Dirtdad4 »

I have a 2004 KDX 200 and I am ready to start doing some improvements to it. Which would you do first, the forks or an autoclutch ?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

FORKS !!! :wink:

You can have the best clutch in the world but whats the point if you can't use it over the bumpy stuff.

Then auto crutch.. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Fork it
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

fork then engine and carb mods save the clutch for last. dont forget the rear shock.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I read the thread title and said to myself, "Hmmm. If I were to start from scratch, I might consider doing the fork mod first and then all the engine work (very soon after).

But Krazy beat me to it.

I'm curious about the auto-clutch but even with my lousy technique, I still like the ability to have direct control over the clutch in some situations (even if I sometimes neglect to exercise that control).

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll never have another bike without an auto-cluch. Check my gallary for photos and there's a good thread here somewhere with a full discription on how to do it.

Still, Suspension mods first. Then motor. Then auto clutch.
Reason: You can go faster if you can stay ON the bike.
You must have enough motor to fully appreciate the autoclutch. If you ride at altitude, then the motor, stock, is going to have some troubles with an autoclutch.

My KX250 had enough motor and suspension that I could go right to an autoclutch.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!