Dang

Got questions? We got answers....
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Dang

Post by stringburner »

Where'd everybody go? I ain't had nuttin' new to read today and get my KDX forum fix. :mrgreen: My KDX project for the day was putting di-electric grease on all the electrical connections and antiseizing some bolts....and cleaning the garage. :neutral:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well post something controversial like Best oil, best tires etc... and they will come out of the woodwork. :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Well post something controversial like Best oil, best tires etc... and they will come out of the woodwork. :mrgreen:
Don't for get best chain (MX vs. O-ring vs. X-ring vs. T-ring), also sprockets, and chain lube. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I was putting a set of Pro Circuit pipes on a Banshee...does that count?

Fit like a glove, I might add. So far removed from any of the three FmF pipes I've had, it's radikalous.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

On your Bansheecouch?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Does it have a cupholder?
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:So far removed from any of the three FmF pipes I've had, it's radikalous.
The FMF Gnarly for my KX fit pretty good new. Only had to do a little wrestling. We rode some really tight rocky cow trail a few weeks ago and I had a nice little get off in a rut. I was riding 4th and was pretty much riding by brail due to the dust. I picked myself up out of a rut and went to pick up my KX out of the other rut (no wonder my dab was in to space :mrgreen: ). Trail Tech mount broken, GPS mount broken, power valve rod cap missing. Wondered what that funny second exhaust noise was for the last few miles? :rolleyes: All in all not that bad so 25 more miles we trekked.

Back at the trucks, I noticed the oil looked like pink milk through the sight glass and completely cover the entire sight glass. No wonder the clutch felt funny on those nasty uphills. Got home, cleaned the bike, drained the milk, drained the rad. fluid. Now the fun...pulled the pipe and the side cover. Ordered all the water pump parts on Monday.

They were all in by Friday. Replaced all the WP parts and put the side cover back on. Dropped the impeller and broke one of the fins...Doh. Put it back together anyway for Saturday's ride. Getting ready to put the pipe back on...noticed the head pipe no longer looked oval where it crosses the down tube of the frame. It was also no longer oval where it crosses the frame again down lower. Got to say the pipe guard did it's job...No dent in the pipe, just crushed.

I probably could have just got right to the FMF fitment thing without the long story, but what fun would that be? Anyway, the crushed FMF pipe went right on just like it should have when it was new. :shock: At some point I'll be trying the SST pipe out...we'll see how it fits.
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Not on my Banshee.

Merry Christmas! :wink:

If I was nutz enough to be in 4th gear riding by the braille method, I'd be nutz enough to live in Phoenix Azirona!!

:hmm:

Cupholder is supposed to be in next week...it was on backorder.

Consider the source

Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

Don't forget the "what are the best jets ??" posts!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
FAZ
grump99

Post by grump99 »

>|<>QBB<
Bailey28 wrote:Don't forget the "what are the best jets ??" posts!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or the best pre-mix ratio :mrgreen:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Or spark plug....... :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

or.... WD40 is the BEST chain lube!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Was that ever in question? :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

oh no, not you too? :rolleyes:

actually I've been using ATF
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Actually...mine is protected by a good coat of cosmoline. Works for now since it is a permenantly lubed X ring chain.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote: If I was nutz enough to be in 4th gear riding by the braille method, I'd be nutz enough to live in Phoenix Azirona!!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :lol: Not 4th gear...4th rider in the group. Had I been leading or possibly the 2nd rider, the dust wouldn't have been like a black out. I don't think I would last very long in 4th gear on the KX with excellent visibility. :shock:

What about the best gear box oil?
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Holy cow. My forum hadn't changed for 4 or 5 days. At the bottom it showed the proper date, but it showed the same 5 members logged in, and no posts since Thursday. I've never had anything like that happen. I noticed another forum I visit now and again was "dead" too, but KTMTalk was plugging right along for whatever reason. I emailed Inda and asked him if everything was ok, and he told me to reset my cookies and log back in and voila, loads of new posts. :shock: Now I got tons of stuff to read to see what fer kind of nonsense I missed. :mrgreen: When I posted this thread last week, it didn't even show up on my pc. :?
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Are you saying that all the excellent, thoughtful AND thought provoking input on this thread was of no particular use?

..that it was all your fault to start with?

QC: I did wonder about 'riding 4th' part..not riding IN 4th. :wink:

Whew! Here I just got my prayer rug, just figured out what direction Phoenix AZ is, I was going to start my daily mantra to The Guy That Rides in 4TH GEAR By Braille!! ON a KX no less!

...never mind.

Consider the source

stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Are you saying that all the excellent, thoughtful AND thought provoking input on this thread was of no particular use?

..that it was all your fault to start with?
Since I didn't even think this thread posted, and I couldn't see any of the replies, I'd say a resounding "yes" to both questions would be in order. :mrgreen: