autoclutch and flywheel weight

Got questions? We got answers....
layoutd

autoclutch and flywheel weight

Post by layoutd »

so, when you get your autoclutch, so you remove your flywheel weight? the best thing about the flywheel weight for me is the extra traction and lack of stalling. would not the autoclutch remeady this? now that the weight is off, will there be an increase in snap? :mrgreen:
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I don't think you'd need the flywheel weight with an autoclutch.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Try it both ways. I had the autoclutch with the weight already on there. I took it off and gave it to morie, but never rode the KDX after that. Boo Hoo. Ha!!

In my opinion, I think that if the autoclutch is adjusted right, the loss of the weight would help with the snap quite a bit. That may, or may not, be a good thing. A lofting front end isn't always what you need. On my KX250 it really helped in that area; smoothed out the power hit.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
layoutd

Post by layoutd »

skipro, what di dyou do with the autoclutch?

foots, i haven't got the auto clutch yet, but will keep you posted when i do.

doesn't the auto clutch add some rotational weight as well? kinda like a flywheel weight. The lofting front end was not as much of a problem for me as the engine stalling was. we shall see, we shall see....
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|QBB<[/url]
layoutd wrote:skipro, what di dyou do with the autoclutch?
Image :sad: :cry:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

look s good to me , proubly bring top dollar on ebay.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Mr Wibbens What the hell happened there?
Too much nitro?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I really like that photo. You can see the 2 piston rings. The aluminum is just paper ash.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Your mental strength and positive outlook Jerry, absolutely amazes and inspires me. I seriously almost get tears looking at those pics, yet you 'really like that photo'. :prayer: :prayer: :wink: :prayer: :prayer:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

oops!
I renamed the album for clarification and now Wib's link to the photo doesn't work. Here's the photo again:

No mental strenth, Trev, just mental! Ha!! Will you make it to the party when the house is done and we move in?
Jerry