I'm FORK hunting.

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Trev:
$60 is a bit steep for shipping within the USA. If you win the auction try and get the seller to ship directly to you for that price. I shipped forks to Jeff Fredette; California to Illinois I think, for under 20.
Good luck and if you need me for shipping, no problem, just let me know what I can do.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Trev... if you win them... Have them take the triple clamps off the forks, pop the caps, remove the springs and oil, collapse the forks and send them that way. Less weight, smaller package and cheaper shipping.... If they are nice people that is...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Last year, I sold a set of 1991 KX125 forks. It was about $11 for shipping by USPS Parcel Post. That was cheap!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Congratulations Trev! Good buy! Sure beats $1200! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Excellent!
Have you asked the seller if they have the axle, wheel or brake assembly? You might pick those up at the same time.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Cripes! That worked out well, didn't it?? Emig tree?

Those plastics are about $30 aftermarket! The last t-tree (oem) I saw sold for $75

Yep. Gotta have the axle.

I've seen several wheels come and go over the past several weeks.

You might think of getting some seal savers for those forks. Keep us posted on your swap procedure!

Those '03 forks are a couple mm bigger than the '99s I got. I'd like to hear how well they fit!

Dang! That was a quick deal!!!

Welcome to the world of USD!! Well..I'm not a member..but I'm going to be some day!!!

Congrats!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

All I can say is I'm stoked (aussie lingo for excited if you didn't already know). The seller said they SHOULD be able to cover shipping over here, maybe... BONUS... I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.

They are sending the axle and even bars aswell... BONUS...
I decided to not worry about the caliper cos, cos Inda said to.. :razz: No really he said his KDX one fit fine. Is the KX brake caliper better?

Does anyone know if the arm from my WER (weld on type) is going to interfere with the USDers?

CC Is that the world of US Dollars or USD forks? :razz:

I sincerely want to Thank each and everyone of you guys for your advice, help and general kindness. :prayer:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's exactly the same caliper. They didn't scrimp on the caliper at least! :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Only difference on the front brake is the hose routing. I like the KX because it is a "cleaner" layout. (IMHO and all that)

This is great Trev. You will be the envy of your riding group after this, for sure!!! Keep us updated.

To anyone else looking to do this mod:
I posted a link to a guy out here in California with the ENTIRE front fork assembly including wheel, etc for $250 over in the PARTS forum.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... I didn't get the KX brake line... Soooooo.... I used the KDX setup. It's still not bad. The KDX hose is shorter. You can't route it like a KX unless I'm missing something. :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

skipro3 wrote:To anyone else looking to do this mod:
I posted a link to a guy out here in California with the ENTIRE front fork assembly including wheel, etc for $250 over in the PARTS forum.
Ski I saw that in the other post. I went and looked thru the d36 site and if you go back a few pages on the message board the same guy is trying to buy clamps so he can put said fork assembly (99 KX250) on his KDX. Wonder what went wrong to make him want to sell it?

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I think he wussed out on the stem fit and doesn't know about knurling or doesn't trust it. His # is listed so anyone interested could give him a call.
I wonder if he sold the KDX and took this stuff off and put the stock back on?

KX brake line: I've seen them listed on eBay. I got a stainless steel one for about $20 a few weeks ago. I also have a stainless braided one on the rear for my hand operated rear brake. The stainless braided line is the way to go. I can really tell the difference in how precise I can control the brake. (Still more IMHO and FWIW)
Jerry