Screw it....(tire rant)!

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I ran the Maxxis 6001's and thought they were pretty good. Just directional...didn't like that! :neutral: They sure ATE the dirt.... doesn't mean I had any traction though....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's what I have on now. It didn't last but maybe 120 miles!!! 2 good rides and she is shot. O.K. still if the ground is perfect loam but hard slippery rock or mud and it's like a racing slick. Heck, it won't even smoke when it spins.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
wsjkawasaki
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wsjkawasaki »

hey! i totally agree i ran the maxxis c6001 front and rear i would have been just as well to be riding on ice!! in the mud/sand they were way bad especially cornering on tight trails the tire didnt have a good bite width resulting in the front end or back end wanting to slide out.not long after that experience i bought dunlops d756 rear and 742 front and they worked great in all terrains i plan on purchasing another set for my new bike!!! :wink:
shane j.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I run the Kenda Millvilles front and back (gallery should show them) and they have worn very well (I havent ridden on em for 12 months though :rolleyes: ). I haven't changed the direction from Intermediate to Soft so I can't really comment on the soft side but the Intermediate grips really well in softer loamy terrain but skips around a touch on hard packed ground or rock. Overall from my very limited tyre experience I would say they are about a 7 out of 10 for grip and braking and a 8 1/2 for wear.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

So they are directionally dependent for Soft and Intermediate? Weird!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Indawoods wrote:So they are directionally dependent for Soft and Intermediate? Weird!
Yeah, just flip the tire around and go from soft to intermediate. Works really well. The intermediate side like Trev says works well in the loamy stuff, and the slick nasty clay we've got here on the northcoast.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welp... got my Michelins..... Illinois and surrounding areas better watch out this summer! These tires are awesome... best ones I ever bought. I got the MSR Ultra Heavy duty tubes too. Gotta get some Slime ... I HATE flats!!!!!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****