Question about a KLX

Got questions? We got answers....
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Question about a KLX

Post by KarlP »

Yes, a KLX110
I bought my son one because he has really outgrown his Husky Boy 50 (Great Bike, by the way, whup some KTM 50 BUTT in the woods with him on it)
I realize this is a KDX forum, but look I have one of those and I'm always willing to help when I can and you guys are really smart and all that.....

Any thing in particular I should watch out for on this bike?
Any tricks I should know about?

The bike works just fine and the little fella thinks its the bomb. I wish my Dad had bought me a new bike now and then. I had to cut grass and comb the local dump and push the darn things home A LOT.

Thank in advance
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

We've got a KLX110. The bike is a indestructible wheelie machine. The pegs, shifter and brake lever are made out of the softest metal on the face of the planet. So far its survived with all of us (including my 240lbs bro-in-law) racing around and doing mini jumps on it. Early 04(?) models had a shock recall from kawi, other than that its pretty much gas and go.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

If it's used the only things that come to mind are things like the brake cable and pads, clutch cable, throttle cable, chain sprokets and master link, air filter condition, and spokes. If it is new then it oughtta be ready. My friend bought his son a KLX110 and within a year he was upgrading it to a KLX125. 3 months after that he was on a KX85!
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Sounds good

My plan is to leave the boy on it untill he is ready for the Wifes KX100, which she still can't really ride. My evil plan is to let the Wife fall in love with the KLX and everything will fall into place. :lol:

Now that the loved ones are all set, it might be time for me to get a new bike.
GasGasGasGas.........250?
Who knows
I've yet to meet anybody who said "I used to have one of them KDX'es.....Boy am I glad I got rid of that thing..."
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy