EBAY WARNING !!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

EBAY WARNING !!!!

Post by KDXer »

Got this from another forum. I had 1 so I suggest you all check and change your P/W if nessecary.
found out that someone had placed a 'third party authorisation' on my account and was using it to buy items off ebay without my say so. they were basically using my ID to send other sellers emails and asking them to reply to an alternative email address (their own). I wouldn't have known except I was randomly checking my preferences and under the third party authorisations there was a name! I emailed ebay and I have had to change my password with them and also my passwords to paypal and my email account - frightening. I would tell everyone to check under third party authorisations in your preferences and if there is a name there you don't recognise check it off and email ebay immediately - I have said to them they should at least send the seller an email when a third party authorisation is requested so this can't happen

Judging from what i've seen on the street commodores site this seems pretty common so it may be a good idea for you all to check the third party preferences in your ebay acount.

Go to My Account -> Preferences -> General Preferences -> Third Party Authorizations, then select any unauthorised sellers there and click Revoke Authorization.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

This is common with folks that use the same password for everything. If you signup for something and it asks for a password.... use something different each time or else your identity could be in jepordy.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Thanks for the heads up.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

My eBay and Paypal p/w's are unique in that I never use them anywhere else. :?

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."