I need fork springs for a 93 KDX 250

Got questions? We got answers....
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

I need fork springs for a 93 KDX 250

Post by radonc73 »

I looked on the Race Tech site and they don't have the size I need. The MX Tech site didn't have my year listed. I am a bigger guy 6'2" 240 and I think I still have the stock springs in. Are there any other places to look for for springs? I need like .48 I know :shock: and stock was like .38 so really any thing would be an improvement. They didn't list what rates they did have. I know there were only a few years of USD forks and I got them. Is that a good or bad thing? Can I use kx springs, are the interiors the same diameter? I have looked under the USD conversion but not much about if you already have USD forks.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Pull your springs and measure the length, coil rate and diameter.... Then... you can match them up.

Otherwise... just buy a KX250 frontend. The rates on those would hold you in the woods.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

How do I measure the coil rate and measure internal or external diameter? Do I need a caliper for this?

I looked on the Kawi oem site and saw that the triple clamps had the same part number, so that means that I can find fork legs and slide them in correct? I am putting a list togather of stuff to do to the bike over the winter and if all I need are the KX legs I will keep my ears open for a pair, if I am wrong then it is no big deal just Peeked my interest. I had never thought of it before. Too many beers :partyman: while working on it. I guess, I have a million dollars of plans and a little budget. Depending on how our house closing goes I may not be doing anything.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER