91' 250 barkbusters

Got questions? We got answers....
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

91' 250 barkbusters

Post by Rick »

Recently, i bought a 91 kdx 250. It is in sweet condition, very nice. I have been away from motocross for about 12 years.{cr 250}then. I am 31 yeas old, and want to do some trail riding/ some m/x tracks for fun. Just playing on the m/x tracks. The question i have is, can i tune this thing down a bit til i get used to riding again? it shouldnt take long. i did race in riverfront colloseum once,but it was 15 years ago. i dont want to putt around, but i dont want to kill myself either. ya know, family. im sure by this time next year, i will be balls to the walls again, but til then, any tips to help me break back in will help. Either about the bike or me! Thanks. I am soooo stoked about riding again. I am in the cincinnati,oh area, so if you are close, drop me a line. Maybe we could go riding. Rick
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah you can de-tune any bike... put an extra head gasket on, jet really fat, run old gas... how far do you want to go? :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

dont want to go down much. im sure ill be back in the swing of it next spring. im pretty adventurish, just getting older. ps note the headline; totally forgot about the barkbusters. any suggestions on which ones and where to get them? Im hoping to be riding woods about half the time. nothing major. But if i lay it down, im sure i will eventually, which will protect the levers the most? thanks again!! Great to have someone to talk to about all of this!! Im getting so old, but at least im still trying.
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Dude... you ain't old! :roll:

I got some TUSK ones at rockymountainmc.com for like $50... very tough!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

i appreate the complo. i feel old. i cant ride like i use to. are you on here 24/7? i see your name all the tim. that kicks ass!!! any way, you said you got some tusk ones. is that likeke the old barkbusters(all metal)?rick
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All aluminum with plastic covers.... they are nice!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I am 31 yeas old
Im getting so old
Dude! Let me tell you, there is still hope! I too am 31 and I ride with a guy that's over 70 :shock: . He rides a 300 and 450 KTM (that's the privilege of beeing retired and independently whealthy :roll: ) And that guy kicks a$$. Fast, smooth, flawless, everything I lack :sad: But I'm working on it and I'm getting better every ride.
The good news is riding a motorcycle it's like riding a bicycle: you never forget it :wink:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Man i really appreatiate all of your help. This site is great. Are you anywhere near cincinnati?
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Dude... I'm 42 and still kickin hard! Shake those cobwebs out of your head and get focused! :supz:

I live in Decatur Illinois but looking for some land to purchase in Eastern Kentucky... found 49 wooded acres for $55K.... I'm ready to move to the sticks!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I'm in oklahoma city so depends on what you call "near". :mrgreen:
If you're around (or anybody for that matter) let me know!
Check this out to see who's where:
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1613
need to add myself there :wink:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

i hear ya! the guy who did my fork seals owned a shop localy, and still rides a ktm 450? he's about 60! And i heard still kicks ass. Ill get there, its just weird. i was use to kicking ass and now im taking it. i wont let it whip me though!!! All you guys rock!! I acctually live in northern , ky. Let's ride.
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Rick... LBL this summer! Let you know when.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

deffinitly!! a couple of buddys of mine are looking for quads and one for a bike. we already talked about going there! The only wide open/trail/track place i know of is haspin acres, and its been 15 years since ive been there. is lbl open 365? i have crappy off days like my friends, mon. and tue. (railroaders). Do you know of anywhere else to ride in this area?

2002 DL1000 V-STROM