Got her all tore down

Got questions? We got answers....
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

CC, I believe I found what you were trying to warn me about in reference to reassembling the uni-trak linkage rods. They want to catch on the bolt and not ride up tight against the bearing if you don't make dang sure they are where they ought to be. That what you be talking about? :cool:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sounds right.

The linkage rods (pull rods) don't ever ride tight against the bearing (you had better hope). This piece isn't similar to a wheel that has a spacer between the bearing inner races.

Honestly, I'm sorry that my attempts at explaining the situation earlier wasn't helpful, else you wouldn't be asking. In trying to cover all the bases I often kick so much dirt on THE base being asked about that it gets quite unclear.

Sorry.

But, yes. As I understand what YOU be talking about, that's what I be talking about!

Still not a bad idea to check the thing after a few minutes. Touching the wheel to-off the ground will tell you in short order. Having someone else do that while YOU look at the linkage works well. Heck, you can do both..lever the bike AND stand on your head looking at the linkage without too much in the way of contortion.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!