Anyone use one of these with stock 43 Kayabas yet?

Got questions? We got answers....
Bailey28

Anyone use one of these with stock 43 Kayabas yet?

Post by Bailey28 »

FAZ
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I never tried one. I recall hearing good things about the general idea of fork braces, don't know if it was this brand or not.

The OEM conventionals certainly do tweak! That isn't something I felt that was happeing, but felt it STOP happening with the USD forks on.

My damper went from absolutely completely useless to actually accomplishing something!

Might as well try one. You know you wanna!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I hate those OEM forks. Tweak is an understatement in some cases. I was told to get a fork brace and screw the USD forks because 1. they cost much more to set up and 2. that they are no better than the OEM forks. That dude had never ridden my 220 up Upper Moto though, he had no idea what I was talking about. :lol:

If i was going to spend $150 on a fork brace I would rather spend abit more and put those USD forks on. Damn, I bet I could make my own fork brace in school. Bust out those milling skills.
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

if you could find a brace for 60-80 bucks then it would help a lot. I had one on a DR650 and it made all the difference in corner and deflection stability.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.