Me gots some Q's...

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Look in the Bike profiles... see what other 220 owners are running on their stock setups. I'm sure you can find someone running about the same elevation as you and find some common jetting.

It looks like 142/40 or 42 is common.

NOTE: I really shouldn't comment on the 220 but I did .... so there. :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Alright, I think I am going to go in and buy a CEL and a DEL if the store has them. Since my A/S is turned out 3.5 times I am going with a smaller pilot, then next size down. I will do a plug test to find if I need a larger or smaller main. I asked this in another thread but what should I ask the local shop for the needles. "I need and Keihin CEL and DEL needle jets?". I dont want to make a total fool of myself when I walk in there...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't think you will find the needles locally... but you might! Tell them it is for a PWK Keihin.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:EDIT: I removed it. Its a R1173L on the 3rd clip, 145 main, 38 slow jet. What should I go out and buy today to mess with? 7000ft elevation, 30-50 degrees.
Dude... I don't think you want a smaller pilot jet! I would get a 40 and a 42, and for Main jets I would get a 142 and possibly a 140 but wouldn't even think about trying the 140 unless I couldn't get there from here.

But... it's your bike and your the one who has to learn your bike and how to jet it. Just go one step at a time....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I don't think you will find the needles locally... but you might! Tell them it is for a PWK Keihin.
Haha, we shall see. Both stores in town I know the owners and both swear they have everything that you would ever need in the way of jets. We shall see how true they are.