tires n' sprockets

Got questions? We got answers....
santod

tires n' sprockets

Post by santod »

I have recently purchased an extra rear wheel for my 1997 kdx. I am planning on running two different tires and sprockets. I have a 100/100 -18 normal size none of that french measuring and a 110/100 - 18. This will be my first 110/100 I cant wait to try it tomorrow. I also have a 48 tooth and a 50 tooth sprocket.

Anyways I have debated with myself and cannot figure out which sprocket to run on what tire. I was hoping to set one up for mud and one for hard pack. Does anyone have any insight on which combo would be the best.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

What rubber are you talking?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I run 110s with a 13/50 on an '03 KDX220.

First gear is used only for doing really slow technical stuff.

I keep debating on going to a 48, but I change my mind everytime I do some really slow technical stuff.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Go with a 47 and switch between the 12 and 13. Gives you the best of both worlds while retaining a stock chain length. It also allows your chain guard to wear evenly.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
grump99

Post by grump99 »

I agree. It's a lot easier to switch out a front sprocket than a rear. Also cheaper (I think). I have run 12/47 for over 600 miles with no problems. Good luck.