C & D Taper Needles

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

This was brought up earlier...I just checked.

Re: What about JD's kit?

Like I figured..he says the KDX kit has 'custom, multi-taper' needles.

Ha! If you want to give yourself a headache...try sorting out multi-taper needles using throttle position and the seat of your pants!

Who wants to spend the $$ to check it out!!??

Looking at the descriptions of the different kits, it seems they are NOT different! Gee..think they're all the same? OR..get a JD kit with a needle that has a DEK stamped on it!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:This was brought up earlier...I just checked.

Re: What about JD's kit?

Like I figured..he says the KDX kit has 'custom, multi-taper' needles.

Ha! If you want to give yourself a headache...try sorting out multi-taper needles using throttle position and the seat of your pants!

Who wants to spend the $$ to check it out!!??

Looking at the descriptions of the different kits, it seems they are NOT different! Gee..think they're all the same? OR..get a JD kit with a needle that has a DEK stamped on it!
'Looks like you get a few mains and a couple of the custom-tapered needles. What may be different between kits is the graphs depicting . . . well, whatever they show. Profiles of fuel flow over throttle opening. Maybe useful for the person who knows what to do with it . . . $75, geez, that's a Pirelli MT16 + shipping.

Back to the graphs - they're intriguing. With the needle dimension details provided by Keihin and knowledge of distance between clip positions, jet orifice openings, etc, one could generate those graphs with a little work. Maybe a project for a rainy day.

I considered emailing them to ask for details but my time would probably be better spent reading the document with all the emails on it . . .

Great stuff guys, thanks!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Any what of this half clip positions?

Charley said something about it a while back.

I think that needs to be explored some more.... I for one am very interested in tweaking to perfection.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

You can graph half clip positions with the JD jetting xls.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:You can graph half clip positions with the JD jetting xls.
Your reply clued me in to the existence of the spreadsheet in the jetting section . . . pretty nice
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

WHOA! This JD spreadsheet is a GREAT tool to compare relative changes. I can clearly see the increase in fuel delivery with the CEL (compared to stock needle), all other factors held constant. I can also see the difference between CEL and DEL. As well as many factor changes as I want to compare - very handy . . .

now if I can manage to consult my laptop as needed while at the track this weekend, without being noticed (it'll raise some eyebrows with those fellows). Maybe I can hide it in the trunk . . . I'd better just plan it all out ahead of time :wink:

Gee, I thought I knew a smidgen about jetting, all along I was really clueless!

'Always something rewarding when I log on to this site . . .

CLICK FOR PICS!