Head On!

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Head On!

Post by bradf »

Ya'll know those stupid commercials where ya wanna shoot whoever is saying Head On, Head On, Head On? Well today I had a Head On of sorts. I got nailed by a 3" tree branch that was hangin too low over the trail. I was up over the bars zipping along minding my own business going through the shadows of the trees when all-of-a-sudden it hit the top of my helmet. Reached right out and attacked me it did. Slapped me plum silly. It actually knocked snot out! Luckily it jarred my head straight down and not back. I could hear the bells of St Pete! I gouged the bottom of the branch too. I actually bark busted it! Anyways, the neck seems fine but sore. Just anutter reminder to keep looking up as well as in front and down. Anyone seen my Head On?
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
mattR

Post by mattR »

LOL I have had that happen a few times.

Brought my helmet to a shop to get replacement screws that ripped out of the visor. The MX guys at the shop were more than a little surprised at all the scratches on top of the lid. :roll:
97 KDX 220
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I hit one a few years ago so hard that I gave up riding the KDX for almost a year and a half

Chiropracter finally got a few of my kinks out :rolleyes:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I hit a branch today. Going around a corner i didnt the stupid thing haning down. It wasnt sticking straight out parrallel to the ground so i wasnt close lined. I put some nice stractes in the helmet though. :D

This is the same trail that i jumped a burm and speared myself with a branch. Thank god for the chest protector. Next thing i know a couple more people come flying off of the burm and would have hit the same branch. Why me? why did i have to be first!? :lol:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Buy a NECK ROLL. Besides saving you from a life of blowing through a tube, it protects your collar bone also. Believe me I put all of my equipment to the EXTREME TEST recently
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Toady I am a little sore. I am looking at a neck roll. I am lucky.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Better sore than hurt. My thighs are extremely sore. I landed on some rocks yesterday and my thighs kill me when i sit down. Gotta love that soreness. :rolleyes:
mattR

Post by mattR »

Been wearing a PCS neck roll for 3 or 4 years, but time to replace it. I like the design of the new EVS RC3.
97 KDX 220