Final Break-In Comments Needed

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Final Break-In Comments Needed

Post by Jeb »

I know this topic has been "beat to death" but I'd like a few quick recap comments if you could (started a new thread for that reason) before I change out my piston this weekend (and to make sure, this will be for a 220 just in case it makes a difference):

How does the electrofusion bore impact ring seating (if at all)? Dumb question? The reason I ask it is because the on-line manual makes no mention of removing the glaze like you would in other cylinders leading me to believe that this electrofusion bore is an entirely different beast.

The fast method: I noticed that the mototune article applied to 4-strokes. Different for a two stroke? I've seen enough methods on this site and others that it's becoming hard to distinguish between "slow" and "fast". What YOUR fast method?

Clearance for a Wiseco piston - what should it be? Why should it be more than for a cast piston?

Thanks ahead of time guys! I'm a little extra cautious on this because I have what I think an absolute hunny of a bike and don't want to "blow" it, no pun intended!! So "bare" with me (take it easy if you're reading this Mr. Wibbens sir :grin: )
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!