ok. 215 lbs fully geared, .44 race tech's too stiff?

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

ok. 215 lbs fully geared, .44 race tech's too stiff?

Post by 2001kdx »

i ride mx jumps, hills and trails and both charts, fredette and race tech have different rates. these good? i dont like the 2 inches of sag when i'm on the bike.
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Ya know, there is a thing as front race sag. Usually it is somewhere around 60-70 mm or 2 1/2" ± a tad depending on rider preference. So if you have 2" of front race sag now you are not too light. Spring rates are to get the proper ride heights supporting the bike and rider with some wiggle room on either side of optimum race sag. Jumping and landing and different type trails (basically anytime the suspension is really moving) are affected by shock and forks compression and rebound circuits. So get the proper springs for your weight and then get into the suspension guts to tune it for your particular terrain or style.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I woulda got the .42's for USD and .40's for conventionals....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I did the compression shim stack mod by removing 2 shims making the total on each leg 8 instead of 10 shims. All were the same size, 05 200 conventional.

Went with:

.43 kg/mm XR springs, eibach 996 series, 512mm free length

115 mm oil, belray 7.5wt.

compression clickers 16-18 out

Preload is 5mm less than stock as measured compared to the new spring length

Jumps good at the track, nice in the whoops, sandy berms, in trails it tracks straight and doesnt surprise me with anything.

It DOES soak up a huge hit very smoothly, almost electric like! Big roots, curb type holes, etc.

I weigh in at 195 in gear. The rear is stock, except for properly setting the sag.
FAZ