FMF Powercore II Silencer

Got questions? We got answers....
csmutty

FMF Powercore II Silencer

Post by csmutty »

Does anyone have one of these and if you do how many db's is your KDX with this silencer?
Thanks,
Christian :wink:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

i've tried both tc2 and pc2, there almost the same. but, it has NO SPARK ARRESTOR! NOT FOREST APPROVED! no good!
Tusk

Post by Tusk »

I happen to have a decibel meter and will check this out my next ride (in a week or so). My 2003 220 came with a Powercore2/FMF pipe (not sure which one though) and I'd like to try the stock silencer with the FMF pipe. (Stock pipe and silencer were handed over with the sale)
So I'll do measurements with each and report back. :cool:
csmutty

Post by csmutty »

Thanks I didn't know that it didn't have a spark arrestor. Even though it is the cheapest I think I'll have to find one with a spark arrestor. Which silencer do people reccomend that is quiet and has a spark arrestor?
Tusk

Post by Tusk »

>|<>QBB<
csmutty wrote: Which silencer do people reccomend that is quiet and has a spark arrestor?
The stock silencer actually is the quietest. Possibly the quietest in all 2-stroke-dom? ((shrug))

As stated above, I'll try to have some hard numbers before long.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

TCII... The stock is no quieter.
The pipe is the quiet factor on the stock setup.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mattR

Post by mattR »

The FMF Q will be a little quieter. I think it is just a a longer version of the TCII so it has more packing material. I have a TCII and it always sound tests in the low to mid 90 db range at races and TR's. I would go with the Q if I was buying another.
97 KDX 220
csmutty

Post by csmutty »

Thanks I was also thinking along the lines of an fmf q. Is there a difference between the fmf powercore q and the q?