Gold Valve for rear shock?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Gold Valve for rear shock?

Post by Indawoods »

Anybody install one of these and have the KX fork conversion?

Any input is appreciated. :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Beat me to it Vince, I was thinking of doing this for a winter project. Would like to know if the GV really makes any difference, and how you know what shims to put in.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It comes with a video with the valve stack config supposedly.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I believe there will be instructions and a number of shim stacks charts with recommendations. You select the most appropiate shim stack via the chart - based upon the riding you do. i.e. Shims will be supplied to along with their gold valve to allow you to accomplish this. (At least this is the way it works on the forks)
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I had my local Race Tech technician install a GV in my KDX rear shock. I couldn't "feel" any difference, but then I knew how to set my rear shock dampning anyway. However, I didn't crash... as much. My buddies weren't waiting for me as long either. So I think it made me faster. I did the forks and had GV's installed and new springs and seals installed at the same time, so I'm not sure what to attribute my riding improvement to.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Effects of suspension tuning is quite subjective.

I have no experience with GV fork or shock.

I do have experience with a fairly local tuner that does seem to know what he's doing, that opinion based on the results of his work. He has revalved my shock twice, serviced it a number of times without valving changes. The difference can be felt. Heck...the difference between a shock with a years use on it and a freshly serviced shock can be felt plainly, too.

I'd prefer using the services of a known good suspension shop for a shock. If I had the recharge/regulator setup it wouldn't be a big deal I guess.

I don't.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!