KX250 stock muff= KDX upgrade?

Got questions? We got answers....
mars

KX250 stock muff= KDX upgrade?

Post by mars »

In hopes of not spending the big bucks on an FMF, I won a stock KX250 muffler on ebay for 10 bucks. It's nice and light, alum. body. Looks new.

I am going to install in on my bike, just cut my muffler off and weld this one on.

Anyone done anything like this?

I may cut a bit off my stock pipe to make it more of a shorty muffler, that would be concealed by the number plate...

Good Idear / Bad Idear??
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Stock KX250 muffler is not a spark arrestor so you can't use it if you ride USFS trails.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I know people talked about doing this but don't know anyone who actually did it. If it lines up plumbing wise you still may need to cut off the mounting tab on the silencer and reweld it. And it doesn't have a spark arrestor that you are usually required to have.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
mars

Post by mars »

Oh sweet. I shall bust out the welder then.

No, I only ride back woods trails w/ no cops anyways, the bike has no insurance, and if I was to ever run into the law, let's just say they'd have to catch me first. haha. All my riding buddies have MX bikes as well. :grin:
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
mars wrote:Oh sweet. I shall bust out the welder then.

No, I only ride back woods trails w/ no cops anyways, the bike has no insurance, and if I was to ever run into the law, let's just say they'd have to catch me first. haha. All my riding buddies have MX bikes as well. :grin:
Thanks for helping our cause and furthering the sport. :butthead: This is the exact attitude that the "Greenies" hold up as an example for how all dirt bike riders act. This attitude along with "loud pipes save lives" and "I can ride anywhere I want" that will make it so your children will not have any place to ride! Again, thanks.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
mars

Post by mars »

I live in a small northern canadian town w/ 20 000 people, I highly doubt what we do up here will have any effect on... well just about anything at all, specially the laws in the USA.

We are on the same team here man, we both hate greeners. They only complain cause they see others having fun, and can't stand it cause they haven't gotten some action since they locked themselves up in the bathrom with the latest "Victoria's Secret".

:supz:
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

YEEEEEAAAAA LONG LIVE THE LOUD ASS KICKING CANUCKS!!!!!!!! Im with u bro, all im out there to do is have fun, and as far as needing places to ride...dude...if the people in charge would just allow us to ride more freely, then there would never be any problems, and as far as people complaining about bikers and all, just tell em to screw off...We got just as much right to own and ride a bike anywhere that is public property as those who have the right to Walk on it... :supz:

Ps where abouts are u from Mars...And you ARE right, what we do has no affect on them to the south...but what THEY do has a massive affect on us...(emission laws)
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
mars

Post by mars »

motorhed220 wrote:YEEEEEAAAAA LONG LIVE THE LOUD ASS KICKING CANUCKS!!!!!!!!
*Mars* holds up a beer I'll drink to that. :razz:

I am all the way 5-6 hours north of you, just outside Sudbury, ON.

Pretty happy as I just put away my bike, and went out and bought the new yamaha Phazer for the winter!! eehaw!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

huh, you two sound strangely like we did about 30 years ago. Check back and let us know how it works out for ya. :supz:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

will do colorado...Hey mars sudbury eh? I go ridng up there with my old man...hez got a 2006 Yamaha Apex RTX, and im riding a Polaris ProX 2, 2005. Both killer sleds...Sudbury is sweet riding...i love doin The Timmins run, lauching from Sud'z and flying up and back in a weekend...

Good to see a fellow outdoorsman who loves to rock out as hard as a Canadian can...

Hey how are them Phazer's? any good? ive been hearing a ton of good press about them, but arent they a bit to small engine wise for serious power??? What do u think of em???
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

PS: howz the riding up there for bikes? I was thinking of hauling up there to do some Km's in the summer...are the OFSC trails usable in the summer? How are they? Can u do serious milage? Thanx man...
mars

Post by mars »

>|<>QBB<
motorhed220 wrote:PS: howz the riding up there for bikes? I was thinking of hauling up there to do some Km's in the summer...are the OFSC trails usable in the summer? How are they? Can u do serious milage? Thanx man...
Oh ****, i know some awsome spots. only thing is that most of my MX buddies all don't wanna go due to reliability and deep water crossings. (for some reason, they all like to drill holes in their airboxes right at the botom of them...?)

my g/f also just bought a CRF230 @ the start of the year and I was just showing her how to ride.

but, awsome riding up here man.

I guess I'll see how the Phizzer treats me. I was gonna get a VIper,I want a warranty though...

the OFSC trails are VERY muddy, it's like running a VERY hard enduro race or something. haha.

there are more mining roads, and **** that are a blast to ride in, lots of sand here as well.

As of late, we have all been going to a local, kinda of private MX track, show up in the morning, with a caisse o beer, and leave after they are all gone. haha.
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Sounds like a blast, vant wait till next season....