Amsoil

Got questions? We got answers....
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Amsoil

Post by dave04kdx »

I pulled the pipe off my bike over the weekend to replace the o-rings. When I removed the pipe I couldn't believe how clean the inside of the pipe header looked. No globs of cooked spoo, just a little bit of carbon. What I could see of the piston looked like new also. I have been running Amsoil Dominator in my bike since shortly after break in. My mileage log shows around 2500 miles. My other bikes using several different 2 stroke oils looked like crap compared to my 04. Great investment IMO.

Could also be my on the spot jetting this time around :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Dominator or Interceptor... I don't think you can go wrong with Amsoil. Jetting it definately key to getting a good burn too.

Mine is clean as a whistle too... I credit it to the Amsoil. :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I have been running the Yamalube 2R at 32:1 with Ron's carb mods.

2R is now $10.00 a bottle around here. If I can find the Interceptor should I run it 32 or 50:1? I know that less oil means richer, I'm already at 40/152 from Ron's set up. The bike runs great at the 32:1. I have a tad bit of spooge with the Yamalube, never any trouble though.

Just a thought, the 2R is a semi synthetic, and the Amsoil is a full synthetic from what I understand. I saw that the Amsoil is around $8 and change. 2R mail order is around the same price. Question is how much "more" (or less) do you get with the Amsoil? Cleanliness is just as important as lubrication to me.
FAZ
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The Amsoil you run at 50:1... so it goes further. It is specifically formulated to run at 50:1 so there is no benefit running it at 32:1 like most others.

With most other oil, the most you can get out of them is 40:1 and with some of those you are losing protection.

So, in a nutshell.... Better protection, cleaner running and cheaper. Just better all around IMHO.

Check the link at the top left if you wish to buy any to help support the site... you cannot get it any cheaper anywhere else so there is nothing more you have to pay. (I make pennies but every little bit helps)

I sell it because I 100% believe and stand behind it. If you ever have any oil related damage by running the Amsoil at the recommended ratio... Amsoil will pay for any repairs. (But please read the Warranty Disclosure!)

http://www.amsoil.com/warrantyletters/w ... 4_8_03.pdf
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

My 2 cents on this is, yes Amsoil is great and I have seen a lot of good results with this pre-mix, but I would suggest 40 to 1.

It is always hard to teach an old dog new tricks, Yamalube R has been my pre-mix choice for over 20 years and still think is is one of the best products out there.

Being an engine builder and building race engines to trail riding engines, beating engines on the dyno, to people that just put a lot of miles on an engine. I have found the the Amsoil to be a great product (I now even recommend it to customers to try).

This came about from a customer that I did a lot custom way over the top high performance dune and sand drag bike engine building, he used nothing but Amsoil. I was always surprised with how clean the piston and combustion chambers were and the very slippery oily film that was hard to clean off...., no scuffing or wear.

In summery; my premix choice today is Amsoil @ 40 to 1 and Yamalube @ 32 to 1, take it for what's it's worth............

JMO, Ron :shock:
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Ron,

Do you see any problem running an '05 YZ125 on Amzoil at 40:1 as well? Currently that bike is on Maxxima synthetic at 32:1 , spooges badly and needs to be jetted. I would like to settle on the mixture before screwing with the jetting. It would be nice to have both our bikes running the same premix.

thanks,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Considering that Amsoi (Interceptor) is only a $ more a quart than SuperM, I might just give it a try!

I never thought I'd be saying that............

It's gotta be at 40:1, though. No rejet required! :lol:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I've been using Amsoil for a long time and really like it.

The Interceptor is great (and cheaper) but I use the Dominator in my bikes SOLEY because it has a color indicator in it (Interceptor oil does not). I don't want to think I've pre-mixed when I haven't or grab a wrong container - did that once - cost me a top end. :oops:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

Does anyone know why Interceptor is not colored? Maybe add an ounce of Dominator to the Interceptor bottle to color it a bit?
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Mobil's full synthetic is colorless also.

Not a big deal for me since I use one specific fuel can just for my bike. I have another (different capacity) for lawn mowers and such.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:Ron,

Do you see any problem running an '05 YZ125 on Amzoil at 40:1 as well? Currently that bike is on Maxxima synthetic at 32:1 , spooges badly and needs to be jetted. I would like to settle on the mixture before screwing with the jetting. It would be nice to have both our bikes running the same premix.

thanks,
I really do not see a problem with that at all... I think you should do it.

Ron
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Silly people....All you have to do is taste it to know whether it's 2-cycle gas or not. :partyman:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project