Quick question about piston circlips . . .

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

My wife gets home and tells me ". . . oh, by the way you got this package earlier"

So I got some stuff . . . Wiseco forged piston w/ circlips, pin, wrist pin bearing . . . from USPS.

Then I look on the porch a little while ago and there sits a box - it's the rev pipe!! The diam on the expansion chamber is impressive. Can't wait to hear and feel it.

I pickup the top end gasket set tomorrow at, gulp, a Honda shop. They're the go-to guys for Moose Racing products. BTW got the kit with the thinner base gasket - a bit more compression so they say. Any experiences?

'LIKE HAVING CHRISTMAS!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That is Christmas! :supz:

I think it will be hard to tell if you have more compression after changing to the Wiseco and installing the REV.

If you want to feel a difference in the compression.... Have the head RB'D :wink:

Anyone gonna disagree with me????? Hello???? :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Like Vince said, don't screw around with gasket thickness. Get Ron to rework your head. Do the carb too. The 220 is a puss without the compression bumped up.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Yeah, I agree with the comments on getting the RB mods. 'Just thought it would be a step in the right direction. I'm gonna go with both head + carb mod next spring. I'm going to start tooling with suspension this winter - the pipe and airbox mods are starting points.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!