Bark buster adapter issues

Got questions? We got answers....
Greenweenie

Bark buster adapter issues

Post by Greenweenie »

Few weeks back I bought some Pro Taper fat bars and love them. Last week I decided to trim an inch off each end. Then my Answer bark busters were lined up with the fatter part of the bar and would not fit.

Searched out this topic on here because I could not decide to go with adapter bars that mount the bark busters to the triple clamp or go with the inch and an eight adapters. Someone had some good points about mounting them to the triple clamp, so I ordered them from Rocky Mnt.

They arrived today along with a skid plate. I think I smell a money pit. So anyway with the adapaters mounted to the triple clamp and the bark buster bolted to the adapaters the handle bar end of the bark busters are a mile away from the handle bars. We tried my son and daughter bikes bark busters but they don't line up very well at all. I tried rolling the handle bar up to make it line up but they are way too forward.

Can someone tell me what I am missing here? Should I have gone with the fat handle bar adapters?
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I had to break out the vice, and a LONG pipe. :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
kdxdad

Post by kdxdad »

I had a similar problem with cutting the Pro-Taper bars. The expanding nurled part that fits inside the end of the handlebar won't go in far enough now. Any ideas on what to use instead?
________
Magic flight launch box
Last edited by kdxdad on 11:13 pm Feb 15 2011, edited 1 time in total.
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I also have pro taper bars and the clamps that came with the bark busters were only 7/8 i beleive. A friend of mine had some clamps that would work with pro taper. They work alright but the ends of the busters hit the triple trees and i cant bend them down any farther. Which also meant i had to rotate clutch and brake assemblies up so that they were in some way protected by the bark busters. I dont know why i just said that. :rolleyes: But like fuzzy said, try to bend them to a good fit.

@kdxdad, you can get threaded inserts to put them in the ends of your bars. Look into those.