Replacing stock 220 piston

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: pin clips

The forces applied to/against those little things are considerably bigger than you would think. Such clips on detroit iron V-8s have a radiused edge on one side and a sharp edge on the other. Most people don't know the difference.

Put them in the wrong way...and they very well might come out. Happened on my brandy-new lot'sa thousand $$ Mopar 340 some time ago. A very expensive mishap!!

Point is...do it right!

Keep in mind that Wiseco had a problem not too long ago with their wrist pins being a tad long. The retaining clip wouldn't completely 's-n-a-p' into place...and WOULD come out at the most inopportune time. You might have one'a those piston/pin sets.

If you're using a Wiseco..make sure that clip is fully seated in the piston groove.

Why an 'EG?

Sparkys like to come off an edge. A fine wire plug keeps such an edge better than the fatter ES plug. No matter HOW well it still works, DO change your plug at least once a year. I broke my motor 'cuz I didn't do that. It worked so well I kind'a forgot about it. That was a mistake.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!