can someone do me a big favor?

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

can someone do me a big favor?

Post by 2001kdx »

can someone give me a list of performance mods, and there prices and rate the power gains? i'll start with a mod i already have:

turbine core 2= 3/10
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

looking for an easy answer? you will have to read more to get more, the answers are here.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

At first I just wasn't going to reply to the question because as stated above, the answers are all here, it will take some reading on your part. I will say this, the RB carb and head mods should be done together, AFTER you open the air intake and get a different pipe. Anybody that is serious about mods for power will do the RB mods. Those of us that have had both Boyesen and VF3 reeds much prefer the VForce3 hands down. Now to say what I wasn't gunna say: Get your suspension set up first before you look for more power.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

how much do these cost?
im not as engine-handy as i would like so the desert pipe would be my first mod.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

As you read through all the modification on this site, you will see all the discussions on the benefits of the modifications and the installation pitfalls that are associated with installing them and how to avoid them.

First should be lubrication, suspension and tires.
Then how it snorts.... Carb, pipe, reeds and head.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

will these fit my kdx, how much are these worth, and will they give me a significant power gain? are they worth dissassembling the engine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AIT&rd=1
Last edited by 2001kdx on 05:29 pm Oct 16 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... great reeds! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "