Pressure suits...

Got questions? We got answers....
thebleakness

Pressure suits...

Post by thebleakness »

Has anyone used one before? I dont have a chest protector currently and I really need one. I can get some awesome deals on various pressure suits within my budget. Some questions...

Are they comfortable for longer rides?
Do they get hot and sweaty?
How much protection to they really offer?

I was looking to get a suit with built in elbow pads as well similar to this one http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/ItemMatri ... trixType=1 Pretty much anything is better than what im wearing currently (Feildsheer zero condition). :razz:
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I've seen them at shops but never tried them on. I like how they keep the pads in place, but the shield, front and rear, is a bit lacking for my rocky terrain.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I ride with 2 guys that have pressure suits on.
They really like them. We ride every week about 40 miles in tight wood trail in 95+ weather. They claim (I never tried one) they are comfortable and not as hot as you'd think. Apparently the sweat makes the whole thing cool when you ride, kind of like riding with a weat shirt.
I do agree with you on the protection side, the chest protector seems small, but I do like the fact that you have the elbow and shoulder pads alltogether and a lot more more upper body freedom. A pressure suit will probably my next protection gear.
Hope this helped
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Thanks for the responses.

Im checking out various reviews on some suits as well. It seems that all somewhat lack chest and back protection.

Rick, what stores have you been to in the phoenix area that have pressure suits? Im supposed to be going down within the next couple weeks. I figured i might as well try some on. Stores up here dont carry them. :roll:
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Lemme see.

I think I saw one at North Valley Kawasaki/Honda on Cave Creek Rd near Greenway (north of the mountainette). And perhaps at Apache Honda/Kawasaki (is that on Glendale or Bethany Home and 35-ish avenue?).

I'd bet Metro Motor Sports on Bell and 67th-ish would have them. But I try not to go there very often unless I'm in dire need.

I'm not in any hurry to get them. What I want is a set of padded riding shorts (cuz I fall a lot), and a neck pad (cuz I fall a lot).

Rick
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

What i want is something with chest protection. The jacket Im wearing now has back, elbow and shoulder protection. Thankfully i havent used them yet. Although what i really want do need are some knee pads. It seems that whenever i do fall i land on my knees and then tend to land on some rocks. Ive had some bruised knees for a few weeks now. :supz:

I found this pressure suit http://www.newenoughmx.com/fox_launch_suit_page.htm And it looks decent. It has much more back/spine protection then others but chest seems lacking.

I guess im just going to have to get down to the valley and try on some stuff.
alistair

Post by alistair »

i use a EVS balistic jersey
http://www.evs-sports.com/products/prod ... ?prodID=27

im not sure about how hot it gets as ive only used it in winter so far but so far i like it.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
fLyNbYu

Post by fLyNbYu »

I think this would work out ok http://www.motostrano-store.com/impactrigse.html

I personally don't have one, but am thinking about one,
masskdxer

Post by masskdxer »

I saw the same suit on http://www.dirtbikediscount.com for 139.95 and 149.95 for the 2 different versions they make......I actually found one of the suits at a place i ride yesterday....seems to be made pretty well...hope I can find the owner. Good Luck
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
alistair wrote:i use a EVS balistic jersey
http://www.evs-sports.com/products/prod ... ?prodID=27

im not sure about how hot it gets as ive only used it in winter so far but so far i like it.
Same. I've used mine in hot weather and with a vented jersey, it's not too bad. If you wear a sweat-wicking sleeveless shirt underneath it's even better. However, around July/August, I moved to a regular CP over the vented jersey and that was nice, but as soon as it cooled off I moved back to the EVS. I really like the elbow and back protection on it and have been frequently glad I had it on.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Fox's suit from New Enough:

The EVS suit:

I can't seem to get the pic link for the Thor Impact Rig to work:

Last edited by AZRickD on 04:48 pm Oct 09 2006, edited 1 time in total.
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Oh wow, that Thor Impact Rig looks crazy. Ill check into that one some more, it looks quite promising. It seems to have much more protection and it has articulated spine armor.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
foots wrote:DANG guys !!! Ya'll crashing that much to warrant total body armor? :blink:
Dress for the crash....
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I'm on the ground almost at least once per ride if I'm pushing it at all (ie, riding with folks better than me).

The pads on my knee, elbow and rear roots shield have already paid for themselves. Not to mention my boots and helmet. :)

Even so, this would be a winter-only garmet for me in the Phoenix desert. I'd roast in it from May to September.

Let's see if I can get the link for that Borg-like Thor Impact thingy to work... different URL

thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Like Rick when im trying to keep up i end up eating it acouple times. I seem to have very good balance though and land on my knees every freaking time. Out of all the times ive crashed going fast or slow i end of landing on my knees and sliding. I really need some knee pads....

I like the borg suit though, it looks very tuff. I still cant find any reviews on it so im still wary about how hot it gets.

Decisions decisions....
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I have a RockGardn Suit. They are HOT in the SUMMER, but comfortable in the cooler weather
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr