Almost became a KDX owner (again)

Got questions? We got answers....
Rider 2504

Almost became a KDX owner (again)

Post by Rider 2504 »

I raced MX for years and came back to off road in 1998 with a used 96 KDX. The bike was great, but the MX bug hit me again and I sold it. I raced MX until this year and just sold my CRF 450R a few days ago.

Well my friend had a 2000 KDX 220 and was going to sell me it for $1500. The best part is its registered in my State as a street bike. He let me take it home and when I got a good look at it, I panicked and decided not to buy it.

The bike ran great but was beat up looking. I just got use to a clean MX bike, not an off road bike with scrapes and dents! I called my friend and told him I was going to pass. He was cool about it. I love these little bikes, but need a real clean looking bike.

I’m seriously thinking about buying a new DRZ400S. If I kept the bike, I would buy two new radiators, (really bent) tires, full plastic, brake shoes, new FMF pipe, new bars, new bark busters and the list kept going!

The bike would be good for a guy who could just ride it like it was, but after my parts list, the bike would cost more then what I sold my mint CRF for. It sucks being as picky as I am but that’s the way it is. I hope to rejoin the KDX group in the future with a nice clean bike.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I am the same way about my bikes. NO RAT BIKES!

I have this mothering instinct for bikes though.... if I can get them cheap and even if it costs me just as much to fix it up as it would cost to buy it that way.... I would rather do it myself.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Rider 2504

Post by Rider 2504 »

I do have to say that after 3 years of 4 stroke power on a 450 it was great to feel the the lightness and low end hit of that KDX220. I really like these bikes. I would love a mint condition 2004 model with a baja designs dual sport kit. That would be the cats behind!
tag220

Post by tag220 »

Stay away from drz 400 big fat pig in comparison to crf or kdx.