Who here can ride from there house?

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Who here can ride from there house?

Post by 2001kdx »

I have some nice woods just off my property. It is not the best riding, but it has a couple of small tracks and a few hills with some more open fields. its also extremely swampy here, i had my bike sunk down so far the seat was about a foot off the ground. Do you guys ride off of your property?
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

I can. Its about a mile away but it is not for the tame at heart. Old jeep trail that has been through 6-7 years of bad storms and in some spots they had to wench there jeeps up. lots of fallen trees and very loose from rain wash out large rocks. But very fun if you like that sort of thing.
06 200H

GALLERY!
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

I can too.I start the bike in front of the house and I can go for a full tank ride and more. I have accsess to a pump station near the trail.A lot of technical stuff in electric lines.Also a lot of bypass to take in tight rocky woods.Swaps,lugs,roots,really big rocky stuff....everything to keep the heart of my kdx in good shape. I like to bring a lunch and eat on a great spot over a mountain.

here a exemple

'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Me, Me, Me
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I can... but my neighbors don't like me tearing up their yards. :roll:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I ride from my house and cross a highway and im tearing up trails on the San Fransisco Peaks. There are quite abit of trails out there around the mountain, none of it open though. Alot of tight rocky singles that are too much fun.

I could technically ride anywhere to any trail from my property because its tagged but w/e. :cool:
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I can. I live on a 30,000 acre ranch here in New Mexico and I have some fairly fun riding down the creek beds and such. I also have a dirt pit where I've made a so-so track. When ever it gets "boring", I remind myself of how fortunate I am to be able to ride, period.

We use ATV's a LOT on the ranch and I routinely put 20-40 miles a day on them. A few years ago, I was looking for stray cattle on my neighbor's place. I was kind of grumpy because it's hard separating steers from mama cows, esp. in the kind of canyons I was riding. Then I realized...you know, it's a beautiful summer day, 75 deg, sunny, I'm riding an ATV along this gorgeous flat-bottomed western canyon just waiting for elk/cougar/deer to jump out, lots of people would PAY to be doing this...what am I complaining about??!!! Then I started having fun. I bought a Yamaha Grizzly 660 this past summer and now I'm having even more fun.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I can... but my neighbors don't like me tearing up their yards. :roll:
That's funny! :lol: The Golf Course Ranger said the same thing to me about the sand traps!
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I can.
Not as nice stuff as KDXQuebec, though, thats for sure.
We have about 20 miles of single track cut in an area that is crisscrossed with jeep trails. I have no idea when it will fall under development, but of course it will. I live at the end of a dead end road that ends there (say that 5 times fast). The trail is real tight single track, roots, no rock, some swampy areas. Here in Lower Alabama underbrush grows thick so it is a major chore to cut a trail in some areas. Really sucks when the 4-wheel guys find it :evil:

I have kind of a follow up question: who out there is cutting new trail? We are using an area in Mobile County that is owned by a group of banks in trust to the school department and state university system. As far as we are concerned, it is fair game. I've often consdered trying to contact the 'owners' to see if they would like to lease the land to us as a riding club or something like that. Then I usually think better of it. It would s*ck to have the County get involved and try to turn it into a Mountain Bike park or some such

My point is that this trail cutting business is a bit of a sore spot for me. We hear about riding areas getting shut down all the time, but seldom hear of areas being developed. How does that work? Look around your county or area and try to discreetly get the status on a tract of land. Stay out of sight and start cutting trail.
What's the worst that could happen? Getting shot by a pot grower?

Karl
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

The trails I ride with my club were given to us by the forest service. we have rights to be riding on them and cut down any tree we want. We have a over crowded ponderosa forest and they have told us we can down anything just as long as its out of the way. We had to give up a few trails to get this area but its for the best.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I have a big enough yard that I can do pilot jetting, clutch adj, etc but the WR will straight-up dig ruts in the yard from a crawl in first gear. I think it's cool until I come back to the garage, then look at the yard...LOL. There is a 'non-active' landfill that backs up to me, and there I can hit WOT in high gear. One BAD A$$ grass hill-climb up the face directly behind me. "Methane Mountain" I call it. :mrgreen: It would actually be a killer place to ride if it was legal. That being said I try to only use it for test n tune purposes, and not recreation. I wish I could setup a still at one of the pipe-caps. I would then have my own methanol factory...Would be bad have it go wrong though. :lol: The KDX wouldn't be too bad, but the WR would probably end up getting about 15miles to a tank of methanol...However those would be some really fun miles. :supz: Methanol and Interceptor for a REALLY clean KIPS!! :wink:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Oldschool
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Oldschool »

I can , I had a moto track going for 3 years until they built a
"Peaker power plant" there.
So I had to cut out a H.S. course along the over grown railroad scrub.
Its a 4 mile loop,I cut alot of it on my hands and knees in Jan,Feb.
when I'm bored and cant ride anyways.
a third rail is going to happen and a train station in the next 5 years that will go poof too. My back yard has a 1/2 acre "Fast 50's" style track on it which I am making into a log crossing,rock garden
"Enduro cross" style track now.

I think Marco220 and Fuzzy are just N. of me, you'll have to come down .
Since its not that big of a run, Weeknights after work are perfect in the summer.Heck if it was warm enough today would be Fine!!

Cabin Fever here .... :lol: Go Bears!
Last edited by Oldschool on 01:43 pm Jan 20 2007, edited 1 time in total.
maicocpa

Post by maicocpa »

I live in the middle of suburban Orange County, California and I was even able to find a super secret riding spot on the side of a hill behind my house. Mountain bikers have made curvy single track trails and it's pretty tight and has lot of jumps - more like a narrow pit bike MX track. The mountain bike guys have cut two different tracks down the hill (they only ride down hill) but I ride down one and up the other and it's a fun circuit. I don't ride if the bicyclists are out but when it's deserted....watch out.
2006 KDX 200, Bunch o' Maicos, Bunch o' kids' bikes
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I can for now. They are building behind me but I live in a small town so the cops don't bother us unless you are being an asshole or riding too far on the main roads. There is a few small places to ride mostly farmland after the harvests or access roads for the power company. I try to cut as many as possible with the 3-wheeler it does a decent job of knocking grass and weeds down.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER